HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE :-D

gezzy

Reply Thu 28 Nov, 2002 02:13 am
I hope you all have a wonderful turkey day :-D We already had Thanksgiving here in Canada, but I just wanted to stop in and wish you all a very pleasant holiday. Gobble, Gobble :-D
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,919 • Replies: 36
No top replies

Matrix500

Reply Thu 28 Nov, 2002 02:24 am
Hi, Gezzy...

That's really sweet of you, thank you! We usually have a turkey, but I'd be more than happy to just eat the other stuff and leave the turkey. I don't eat much meat, get tired of it real quick. I do enjoy the company of my family and friends on Thanksgiving, and I think that that's more important than anything.
0 Replies

mikey

Reply Thu 28 Nov, 2002 02:32 am
Happy Thanksgiving to you too Gezzy and everyone on here as well. A warm and comfortable home this place is. The best of the best.
0 Replies

gezzy

Reply Thu 28 Nov, 2002 02:41 am
Thanks Matrix :-D
I know what you mean about enjoying the company of family. Usually it's just My mom, my son, and I, So a turkey is rather large for just the three of us. We either do a roast beef or ham with lots of veggies. I could also settle for just the veggies because I'm not a big meat eater myself. At Christmas we've had lobster and scallops for the past few years and I'm looking forward to that again this year :-)

Thanks Mikey ;-)
0 Replies

JoanDark

Reply Thu 28 Nov, 2002 03:03 am
Hi Gezzy! Thanks for the good wishes,and back at ya!
Ooooooh! Lobster at Christmas!! Razz That's fantabulous! And the color is so perfect!Guess you live near the coast?
Well, here near Philly, we eat the traditional turkey for Thanksgiving. Sweet potatoes, rutabagas, home made cranberry sauce, winter squash, pumpkin pie (although last year I made the pie out of the winter squash after JoanneDorel ponted out on abuzz that a pumpkin IS just a winter squash.)
At Christmas I often make a pork roast, although in past years I've roasted a goose.
New Years is often roast beef, Yorkshire pudding (watermelon rind, horseradish sauce)
MMMMMMMM! I love the Holidays!!
Happy ones to you!
0 Replies

gezzy

Reply Thu 28 Nov, 2002 03:16 am
Geee, thanks Joan :-) Great to see ya :-) Your menu's sound yummy. I do miss the days when we had huge family gatherings during the holidays. We had the huge turkey with all the trimmings, mashed potatoes, turnip, carrots, stuffing, squash, gravy, and cherry cheese pie for desert. I think I'm getting hungry now. The lobster and scallops are pretty good as well :-D
0 Replies

gezzy

Reply Thu 28 Nov, 2002 03:17 am
I think I'll make an apple pie for dessert this year.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Thu 28 Nov, 2002 09:58 am
Happy Thanksgiving to you all. The board here will be groaning beneath the weight of a fairly typical Thanksgiving Feast, and much of the bounty originated right here in our own garden, fields, woods, and stream. All the dairy product is from neighbor's farms, and the cranberries are from a bog a few miles away. Not much was store-bought, the work has been considerable, and the reward is anticipated to be great. The cleanup, however, is dreaded, and will not even be considered until tomorrow.

timber
0 Replies

JerryR

Reply Thu 28 Nov, 2002 10:05 am
Hiya Gezzy etal!!

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Here at home with the family and the puppies!!

(Hi JoanDark!! Very Happy ,..your avatar looks like my doggie, Beulah Mae!!)
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 28 Nov, 2002 10:31 am
HAPPY HAPPY everyone! Enjoy what you have and have what you enjoy!

Checking in from cold and blustery cape cod. brrr.
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Thu 28 Nov, 2002 07:41 pm
Please.....no more food.....I can't take it anymore....
0 Replies

bandylu2

Reply Thu 28 Nov, 2002 07:55 pm
Thanks, gezzy. It's almost over which is good -- I'm kind of tired by now after all that cooking and eating and cleaning up. Good thing it only happens once a year. We had turkey as usual -- wouldn't be Thanksgiving (so the kids say) if we didn't have turkey.
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Thu 28 Nov, 2002 07:56 pm
ohhhhhhh.....turkey.....no more, no more, no more.....
0 Replies

bandylu2

Reply Thu 28 Nov, 2002 07:58 pm
The best think about having turkey for Thanksgiving is having the leftovers on a sandwich with mayo the next day. Tastes better cold.
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Thu 28 Nov, 2002 07:59 pm
I do believe she's tryin to kill me.

Ohhhhh.....my tummy hurts.....MA!!
0 Replies

bandylu2

Reply Thu 28 Nov, 2002 08:01 pm
Did you cook today, Rae. Cause I have a theory. I think those who cook don't eat all that much. But then on the second day there's no cooking involved so they can enjoy it. Something about the smells of the cooking and the tasting kind of cuts back the appetite (except, of course, for chocolate chip cookies -- nothing cuts back the appetite for them).
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Thu 28 Nov, 2002 08:07 pm
Your theory works for me, bandylu.

Nope. None of us cooked today. We went to my hotel and ate a fabulous meal in our restaurant.....Out of the seven entrees, I chose turkey.

It all went downhill after that.
0 Replies

gezzy

Reply Fri 29 Nov, 2002 02:38 am
I'm so happy that everyone here enjoyed their Thanksgiving. Our Thanksgiving here in Canada is Oct 14th, so I just had a ham sandwich for dinner. I sure wish I had what you had. Yummy :-D

LOL Rae, you sound like you're really hurting :-)
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Fri 29 Nov, 2002 05:52 am
Twelve hours later.....

I am never eating again.
0 Replies

gezzy

Reply Sat 30 Nov, 2002 02:37 pm
LOL Rae Laughing
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE :-D
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/30/2024 at 06:32:19