Iron high in raw water

Reply Tue 4 May, 2010 09:15 am
we are getting 2.5ppm Iron in Borewell water, the same water storing in MS raw water tank. After few days we found so much Iron floc observed. I request you please give me suggestion to minimise this problem
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 2,421 • Replies: 2
No top replies

talk72000

Reply Tue 4 May, 2010 02:14 pm
@yamphani,
H2OMAN knows all about this stuff but he is politicaly a Republican so he is in a snit and hasn't appeared so far. Maybe he will appear some time.

Go to tags on water softerners and maybe you could get some answers.
farmerman

Reply Tue 4 May, 2010 06:55 pm
@talk72000,
We treat our mine discharges for Fe2/3 and Mn by using a good oxidizer followed by a filtration system (We use sand filters aith a gooch bottom), but for a home system they make these big "tampon" filters that work fine (They need to be changed frequently to keep your pump from rising head pressures.
One of the best oxidizers is Chlorine. Id use a Hypo tank with a system feed . Cl is also a good disinfectant because the Slimes on Fe/Mn waters are high in ulothrix and Chronothrix These can show up as a type of coliform . They can be kind of disgusting because they can impart a funky iron taste.

You can do this yourself with a swimming pool l feeder and a post Cl filtration unit. Your water will be essentially Fe/Mn free. (At least below a decent level).
Id actually be more concerned about the Manganese in the water. Its been shown to be a serious neural toxicant and has often been associated with non Alzheimer dementia in kids.
At 2.5 ppm. think that your Mn levels will be roughly half (dependent on a kind of " aggressiveness index" of the water)
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Iron high in raw water
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 03:41:54