may "BIG" bigcash

Reply Sat 24 Apr, 2010 06:49 pm
90 across can be PLOT or PLOY anyone have a preference and why?.
regards,
Philcottie
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 691 • Replies: 9
No top replies

Dutchy

Reply Sat 24 Apr, 2010 07:11 pm
@philcottie,
Hi philcottie

I have IDEA for 90a.
philcottie

Reply Sat 24 Apr, 2010 10:33 pm
@Dutchy,
Hi dutchy how can 90 ac be IDEA when I have 65 dn ACCEPTED and 74 dn SHOWCASING so that would leave P?O? for 90 ac look forward to your comments.
Regards
philcottie
P.S. I see you got your copy early fora change.
Dutchy

Reply Sat 24 Apr, 2010 11:29 pm
@philcottie,
Hi philcottie

I have ASCRIBED for 65d and SPECTATING for 74d.

My guess is you're referring the the UK edition of the May Big which is often different to the Aussie version. Smile

Cheers
Dutchy
philcottie

Reply Sun 25 Apr, 2010 01:19 am
@Dutchy,
Hi dutchy I am still cogitating with your answers but cannot tie up SPECTATING with EXHIBITING .To exhibit is to show so it figures that showcasing would tie up with EXHIBITING.But I will wait for a second and third opinion on this.Incidently I was referring to May Big which we get here in western Australia.I think the only difference between OZ version and U.K. version is probably the date and number ofthe issue.Anywaqy we'll wait and see what the general concensous is.
cheers.
philcottie.
P.S. my only problem at present is PLOT or PLOY and I think I might at this stage go for Ploy because that is SUBTIFUGE which is a CUNNING PLAN.
lmur

Reply Sun 25 Apr, 2010 02:05 am
@philcottie,
If the clue is actually "Cunning plan" (always helpful to provide these details), then I'd agree that ploy is superior to plot.
Dutchy

Reply Sun 25 Apr, 2010 05:17 am
@lmur,
Hi philcottie

Have reviewed my puzzle and I agree with you, my three answers are wrong, senior moment I guess.

For 'cunning plan' I have now gone for PLOY as lmur has already suggested. See http://poets.notredame.ac.jp/cgi-bin/wn?cmd=wn&word=ploy

Thanks for disagreeing with me! Smile
philcottie

Reply Sun 25 Apr, 2010 05:41 pm
@Dutchy,
Hi dutchy and imur for confirming my selection.And dutchy regarding your senior moment and as an 82 year old male I consider myself lucky I can stil manage to do these c/words and it is good to get a second opinion.Anyway both of you and anyone else taking part GOOD LUCK.
philcottie
Dutchy

Reply Sun 25 Apr, 2010 05:44 pm
@philcottie,
Hi philcottie.

Good luck to you too, let me tell you, I'm not far behind you in the senior stakes. Laughing
philcottie

Reply Sun 25 Apr, 2010 10:50 pm
@Dutchy,
Hi dutchy well we can both take a pat on the shoulder for being able to do these c/words.
Cheers
Philcottie
0 Replies