GIVING UP THE GHOST

Setanta

Reply Fri 31 Oct, 2003 11:15 am
I thought i'd initiate a thread for all y'all jokers on the occassion of All Hallows Eve.

On our local am talk radio station, they had a guest today, Chris Woodyard, author of a book now in several volumes, Haunted Ohio. Here's a link[/color] to a site with an excerpt of her work. She stated that she has seen, and even spoken with ghosts. I found the show very interesting and entertaining despite my scepticism. I noted with interest that she does not give a traditional description of ghosts. She says that all she has seen appear corporeal, and are not transluscent or transparent, and that she has frequently seen or even spoken with someone who she has later concluded is a ghost, because she was told that no one could have been there. For example, she said she had visited Fort Meigs, the site of a massacre of Kentucky volunteers in 1813. She saw a man standing on an earthwork traverse waving, but when she mentioned this to an officer at the fort, he both told her that no one else could have been there, and that in 1813, men in the fort saw that the Kentucky volunteers were walking into an ambush, and got up on the traverse to wave and holler, trying (unsuccessfully) to warn them.

At any event, what is your take? Do you believe in ghosts? Have you seen any? This is not set-up, i'm not trying to draw anyone out in order to ridicule them. I'd like to know what you think.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,526 • Replies: 27
No top replies

fealola

Reply Fri 31 Oct, 2003 11:22 am
I don't believe in the paranormal or pseudoscience but I find the stories fascinating. I admit the "what if" factor gets my imagination going. I like anything that challenges my scepticism.

Ghosts. Never had any experience with 'em but I guess certain people could be sensitive to something that may be out there. Most likely they are hallucinating or misinterpreting things that are really there.
0 Replies

fealola

Reply Fri 31 Oct, 2003 11:23 am
Also, there is money to be made selling this to believers.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 31 Oct, 2003 11:37 am
There is of course, that factor. This woman now has, i believe, five volumes out there. Another interesting aspect of the program was that callers to the show would begin to describe a certain locale in Ohio, and she would respond to the effect: "Oh Yeah, you mean such-and-such a ghost . . . " and proceed to knowledgeably discuss the allegation with them. It was obvious she has done her homework, at any event.
0 Replies

chatoyant

Reply Fri 31 Oct, 2003 12:25 pm
I believe there are ghosts or apparitions of some sort. I never believed that until I was told of two different instances by friends who each had an experience with an apparition. Neither of these people ever believed in ghosts until they saw it for themselves. They are both highly educated, down-to-earth types of people, so it made a believer of me. However, I hope I never have an encounter myself. Even though they don't seem to physically harm people, it would be a frightening experience.

I will probably have a ghost or two knocking on my door tonight. 'Course I like that kind of ghost. All they want is a piece of candy, then they're on their way.

Happy Halloween Everyone!
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Fri 31 Oct, 2003 12:53 pm
These guys are on Art Bell's show a lot. Check out the E.V.P.'s and make up your own mind....oooh, scary.....

http://www.ghostpix.com/gis/E.V.P.html
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Fri 31 Oct, 2003 12:54 pm
Actually, these freak me out a bit. Make sure the sound is up. The later galleries generally have better sound quality.
0 Replies

fealola

Reply Fri 31 Oct, 2003 01:27 pm
I've heard that. Scary. I don't know what the "voices" are, but I think their interpretations of what the words are-- are a stretch.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Fri 31 Oct, 2003 01:28 pm
Ya think? Laughing
0 Replies

fealola

Reply Fri 31 Oct, 2003 01:30 pm
I love listening to that show. Bedtime stories. My husband says turn it off. He thinks the weird end of days discussions are creeping into our minds when we sleep and are stressing us out! Laughing
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Fri 31 Oct, 2003 01:33 pm
I am happy that Art Bell is now doing the weekend spots again. I like George Noory, but there is still just something about Art...
0 Replies

fealola

Reply Fri 31 Oct, 2003 01:42 pm
That smokey voice. Bunch of snake oil salesmen though!
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Fri 31 Oct, 2003 01:46 pm
Yep...I shall miss Art's 'Ghost to Ghost' special tonight, as we will have scary guests, movies and booze instead, who plan to stay late, should a UFO decide to land on the balcony.
0 Replies

fealola

Reply Fri 31 Oct, 2003 01:47 pm
I hope for you that happens. I would be thrilled to see a UFO or alien.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Fri 31 Oct, 2003 01:54 pm
Generally it's just pigeons and cicadas, but hey, ya never know. Laughing
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 31 Oct, 2003 03:21 pm
Well, I never seen nuttin.

And - if there were to be an afterlife - can you imagine anything more 'orrrible than hanging, for instance, around the same chunk of earth, eternally warning away people who cannot be warned?

Yuk!!!!!
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Fri 31 Oct, 2003 03:25 pm
I had a ghost friend as a child....died in a car accident just outside my house, and that house was haunted. Luckily, she was a benign ghost, not looking to do any harm at all. Moved things around a bit, and we had nice chats, and that was about it.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 31 Oct, 2003 03:48 pm
What did you talk about?
0 Replies

fealola

Reply Fri 31 Oct, 2003 03:50 pm
ooooooooooOOOOOOOOOowoooOOOOOO!
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Fri 31 Oct, 2003 03:52 pm
We talked about life, and non-life, you know, the usual.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » GIVING UP THE GHOST
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/18/2024 at 08:05:05