C-SPAN's Best discussion re homosectuality & the Catholic church

Reply Tue 6 Apr, 2010 12:02 pm
Andrew Sullivan's discussion about homosexuality and the Catholic Curch and it's priesthood is the best I've heard. Very informative for everyone.

BBB

A digital archive of C-SPAN video
Contact Us Rights & Permissions
C-SPAN VIDEO LIBRARY Created by Cable. Offered as a Public Service.

Gay and Lesbian Political AgendaFeb 18, 2010
Princeton University

http://www.c-spanvideo.org/program/292154-1

Author and commentator Andrew Sullivan spoke at Princeton University. He talked about the politics of homosexuality. Among the topics he addressed were same-sex marriage, the military ban on openly gay and lesbian personnel, and grassroots activism. He also responded to questions from the audience. Mr. Sullivan is the author of Virtually Normal: An Argument about Homosexuality. He writes about politics on his blog, the Daily Dish. This event of the Princeton University Public Lecture Series was co-sponsored by the Princeton University Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender (LGBT) Center.

1 hour, 34 minutes | 269 Views
Sullivan, Andrew Senior Editor

Atlantic Monthly
C-SPAN Created by Cable. Offered as a Public Service.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 570 • Replies: 2
No top replies

hawkeye10

Reply Tue 6 Apr, 2010 12:11 pm
would you be so kind as to tell us what the gist of it was, re the Church?
BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Tue 6 Apr, 2010 12:19 pm
@hawkeye10,
I goofed in my spelling in the title re homosexuality. Embarrassed Embarrassed

It's difficult to give you the short form of Sullivan's presentation. When he took questions from the large audiance, he commented that the Catholic Church has a very long history of large numbers of homosexuals in the priesthood as well as among the Popes. I was surprised to learn that my opinion was correct (as I expressed on the A2K topic about the current pope and pedifile abuse) about why homosexuals join the priesthood.

The video is worth the time to watch it.

BBB
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » C-SPAN's Best discussion re homosectuality & the Catholic church
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/03/2024 at 12:20:26