Speciality Light Bulb Question

santeh

Reply Tue 6 Apr, 2010 06:57 am
Hello all,

I happen to have a Tales from the Crypt Cryptkeeper candelabra that calls for a 120V max 1W, C7 type flicker bulb. However, my local stores seem to only carry a 2-3W flicker bulb. Will the added wattage make a difference or cause any type of hazard?

Thank you!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,932 • Replies: 6
No top replies

chai2

Reply Tue 6 Apr, 2010 07:01 am
why don't you just order the proper bulbs online?
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Tue 6 Apr, 2010 07:06 am
@santeh,
Maybe. You're calling for two to three times the current the lamp is rated for and you will generate two to three times the heat from the bulb. That might be a problem depending on the construction of the device. It's also going to be brighter than normal and that might ruin the effect you are looking for. You can buy 1 watt bulbs online. And welcome to A2K.
engineer

Reply Tue 6 Apr, 2010 07:16 am
@engineer,
Here's a cheaper replacement from Amazon.
0 Replies

santeh

Reply Tue 6 Apr, 2010 07:23 am
Hello everyone!

Thanks for the replies! I appreciate it!

The only reason I had not ordered one is that the only place I had currently located the correct wattage bulb would charge shipping which can be a lot for a single bulb (potentially more than the bulb itself). As such, before I wasted any money, I thought I would ask.

Thanks again! :-)
chai2

Reply Tue 6 Apr, 2010 08:02 am
@santeh,
You're right, the shipping can be way more than the product.

How about if you ask one of the local stores to order them in for you?
They can just have it delivered with their regular shipments.

Maybe a store that specializes in just lighting would be able to do this.
0 Replies

santeh

Reply Tue 6 Apr, 2010 08:25 am
@santeh,
Excellent idea! There is a store in my area called Light Bulbs Unlimited which carry a lot of hard to find styles yet they also only had the 2-3W type. As such, I will indeed see if they can order the 1W version.

Thanks again!!!
0 Replies