New Video With Further Boris Kitten Blathering...

Fri 12 Mar, 2010 02:44 pm
Hi Everyone!

Well you've heard it all before from me, in print form: Now you can watch me blather on (and on) about cheap alternatives to pricey skin-care products!

I think women spend WAY too much hard-earned money on this sort of thing: Moisturizers, makeup removers, astringents, teeth whitening, etc. So here are some of my way-cheap alternatives to these products.

I'm cheap. I'm 48 years old. I have plenty of time on my hands, due to unemployment. So I hope to make more videos soon about other ways to save money while still having fun with makeup and clothing.

Link:

http://www.youtube.com/user/elsbett1?feature=mhw4#p/u/0/W3LTADHD4SI

For some reason, today I can't put the video inline with the topic. Oh, well... you have to click on the link to see the video.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 10 • Views: 5,472 • Replies: 18
Topic Closed
No top replies

Cycloptichorn

Fri 12 Mar, 2010 02:46 pm
@BorisKitten,
Problem Solvinated

Cycloptichorn
BorisKitten

Fri 12 Mar, 2010 03:14 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Why, thanks, Cyclo! Now how come that didn't work for me?

Oh well... Thank you!
Cycloptichorn

Fri 12 Mar, 2010 03:25 pm
@BorisKitten,
BorisKitten wrote:

Oh well... Thank you!

No problem. I ran into the same issue you did when I cut-and-pasted the address from the video into the [youtube] tags, but fixed it by clicking the 'share' button under the video, and using THAT link.

Nice vid by the way. I personally spend $0.00 on face care or beauty products, and the amount that others spend truly is staggering to me.

Cheers
Cycloptichorn
chai2

Fri 12 Mar, 2010 03:57 pm
I use witch hazel on my butt.
mm25075

Fri 12 Mar, 2010 04:17 pm
BK! *pounce* there you are!

mm25075 likes this!
BorisKitten

Fri 12 Mar, 2010 04:45 pm
@chai2,
chai2 wrote:

I use witch hazel on my butt.

Yeah, and it works pretty good, y'know! AND it's cheap.
BorisKitten

Fri 12 Mar, 2010 04:47 pm
@mm25075,
I've been a Quiet Kitten, not really wanting to whine about losing a part-time job.

Purr.
0 Replies

BorisKitten

Fri 12 Mar, 2010 04:49 pm
@BorisKitten,
Oh yeah I just recently read that Celebrities "swear by" the astringent properties of Witch Hazel.

But they don't have butts, y'know, so they can't use it there...
0 Replies

BorisKitten

Fri 12 Mar, 2010 04:54 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Cycloptichorn wrote:

BorisKitten wrote:

Oh well... Thank you!

No problem. I ran into the same issue you did when I cut-and-pasted the address from the video into the [youtube] tags, but fixed it by clicking the 'share' button under the video, and using THAT link.

Nice vid by the way. I personally spend $0.00 on face care or beauty products, and the amount that others spend truly is staggering to me.

Cheers
Cycloptichorn

Doh, it quotes the entire 2 posts! Anyways, thanks so much for the advice; I never would have thought of the "share button" myself. Pesky software, I hates it!

And yeah, I really do think women spend WAY too much on products that don't work any better than cheap stuff like this... just sayin'
0 Replies

dlowan

Fri 12 Mar, 2010 06:21 pm
@BorisKitten,
What's the first oil you mention? I can't hear!
chai2

Fri 12 Mar, 2010 09:05 pm
@dlowan,
I think she said jojoba.

you put in on your damn face.
aidan

Sat 13 Mar, 2010 05:09 am
@chai2,
Boris Kitten - have you always used jojoba oil on your neck too? Your skin (and eyes) are beautiful! I think I'm about your age and the skin on my face is pretty good, because I've always moisturized, stayed out of the sun (I burn), etc...but my neck is starting to show signs of age-more wrinkles there than anyplace else. I notice your neck is still very smooth- do you attribute that to the jojoba oil.

Do you think if I started using that stuff on my neck now, it would reduce the signs of age - or do you think it's too late?

Again - you have beautiful skin. I'd listen to what you have to say about skincare.

Thanks for making the video.
BorisKitten

Sat 13 Mar, 2010 07:21 am
@chai2,
chai2 wrote:

I think she said jojoba.

you put in on your damn face.

Exactly!
0 Replies

BorisKitten

Sat 13 Mar, 2010 07:27 am
@aidan,
aidan wrote:

Boris Kitten - have you always used jojoba oil on your neck too? Your skin (and eyes) are beautiful! I think I'm about your age and the skin on my face is pretty good, because I've always moisturized, stayed out of the sun (I burn), etc...but my neck is starting to show signs of age-more wrinkles there than anyplace else. I notice your neck is still very smooth- do you attribute that to the jojoba oil.

Do you think if I started using that stuff on my neck now, it would reduce the signs of age - or do you think it's too late?

Again - you have beautiful skin. I'd listen to what you have to say about skincare.

Thanks for making the video.

Aw, thank you so much for the wonderful compliments!

I've only used Jojoba Oil for, oh, about a year now; and yeah, I use it on my neck too.

And wow, did I screw up skincare as a younger woman! Not only did I smoke (and still do), but spent oodles of time in the sun... back in the 1970's, well, it was just the thing to do. I grew up in Florida, no less, so there was plenty of sun to fry me, too.

I'm surprised, given all this, my skin isn't much worse than it is!

I think the only thing that saved my skin from my actions was genetics, honestly. My skin is quite oily, and I tan easily, rarely burn; my mother is 79 and her skin still looks darned good!

Anyway... I have noticed my neck is less wrinkly since I started using the Jojoba Oil. Why not try it?
BorisKitten

Sat 13 Mar, 2010 07:34 am
@BorisKitten,
Oh, and I used to use "Nadinola" cocoa butter cream on my face... for about 10 years.

It's harder to get these days, but it used to be 79 cents for a 4-oz. tub of the stuff at Walgreen's.

First ingredient: Cocoa Butter, yet it didn't feel greasy to me. I think you can still get it online!

I still use it, I just use Jojoba Oil more frequently these days.
0 Replies

emkaysgroup

Fri 29 Mar, 2019 06:39 am
@BorisKitten,
I just watched the full video and i have to say it was quite amazing.
0 Replies

AndreyR

Tue 14 Dec, 2021 05:37 am
@Cycloptichorn,
But the video is not available(
Region Philbis

Tue 14 Dec, 2021 05:39 am
@AndreyR,

are you really surprised an eleven year old video is no longer available?
0 Replies