How do you judge a fair Pushy person?

zhjuan

Reply Wed 10 Mar, 2010 12:12 am
I have done a design jobs promotion a charity event free witch I spent solid two weeks time organizing every thing. The majority people work with me indirectly think that I have done a great job but one person work with me who was suppose to integration of the big picture was very lazy, and he either not replying emails or get anything done but time was ticking...
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 523 • Replies: 13
No top replies

zhjuan

Reply Wed 10 Mar, 2010 12:12 am
So I called him to request he to cooperate with me. He got annoyed with me saying I am very pushy. When the event completed, he go on claim the credit and telling people that I was very push, without mention that I was the person to get the job done. Am I really too pushy?
0 Replies

zhjuan

Reply Wed 10 Mar, 2010 12:16 am
I work as a free lance graphic designer. It is important that I get the artwork right and make no mistakes printing the artwork. Therefore, I watch everything and will not take chance that might make mistake. So when people work with me, when I see a potential problem, I often request whoever in charge to make it ok. As a result, the job get done well.
0 Replies

zhjuan

Reply Wed 10 Mar, 2010 12:19 am
People who love their job done well love me but people who don't understand the importance of attention to detail really complain that I am too pushy and really hate me.
0 Replies

zhjuan

Reply Wed 10 Mar, 2010 12:24 am
I don't know why I should bather me but it does. I am up during the night wondering have I make the right decision...to push people, only when I see the problem is there, based on my experience or mistakes? Or should I let them make their own mistakes?
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Wed 10 Mar, 2010 12:30 am
zhjuan, let it go and chalk it up to experience. You know now not to work with this person next time.
Eventually these types of people get caught out and suffer the consequences.
it may be worth documenting this mans failures and keeping them somewhere.
0 Replies

zhjuan

Reply Wed 10 Mar, 2010 12:31 am
and let the job fall apart...isn't it unethical...
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Wed 10 Mar, 2010 12:52 am
my suggestions above are for next time this happens.
As long as you can provide solid written evidence of the other persons failure, i dont see that it is unethical. You did what you thought was best for the job. You deserve to be congratualted.

Is there another step in the chain of command? Can you present evidence to his boss?
zhjuan

Reply Wed 10 Mar, 2010 12:58 am
@dadpad,
Well, as a result of the big success of the charity event, he is nominated to be the newly established association head and I am the sectary. It's a charity association and I am getting no money from this so I care about the job being done well rather than the title. You are right that I should keep away from him. It's really killing me working with him.
fresco

Reply Wed 10 Mar, 2010 01:53 am
@zhjuan,
Quote:
It's really killing little me working with him

Wink
OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 10 Mar, 2010 02:09 am
@fresco,
fresco wrote:
Quote:
It's really killing little me working with him

Wink
What does that mean, Fresco ?
OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 10 Mar, 2010 02:13 am
@zhjuan,
You had to DO what you had to do.
As you have already said, the job woud have fallen apart if you had not done so.
I wonder if it is possible for the history of this matter
to be (confidentially) revealed to people who shoud know about it,
if you can prove what you tell them.
fresco

Reply Wed 10 Mar, 2010 10:32 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Apologies..."little me" is a mutual reference to Gurdjieff's concept of the "committee nature of self" in which the committee is populated by unruly "little me's". "True Self" (capitals) merely observes and transcends such trivia, (which Zhjuan has read).
0 Replies

zhjuan

Reply Wed 10 Mar, 2010 04:07 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Smile
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » How do you judge a fair Pushy person?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/27/2024 at 10:32:20