Leaving Verizon Wireless to get more expensive Nov. 15

Reply Wed 4 Nov, 2009 02:59 pm
"starting on Nov. 15, the Early Termination Fee (ETF) for these devices will increase from $175 to $350."

Full story below
http://www.walletpop.com/blog/2009/11/04/leaving-verizon-wireless-to-get-more-expensive-nov-15/
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 613 • Replies: 4
No top replies

Droid Motorola

Reply Wed 4 Nov, 2009 04:45 pm
@droid jet,
This is definately the wrong direction verizon wants to go with this.
BucYouUp68

Reply Wed 4 Nov, 2009 04:58 pm
@Droid Motorola,
They are doing this to stop people from buying phones and selling them on ebay or other sites. I dont have a problem with it, as I always honor my contract.
0 Replies

saintlewi

Reply Thu 19 Nov, 2009 01:29 am
@droid jet,
i heard somewhere...cant remember where now...that, along with the new credit card rules and stuff, phone companies could not enforce the early termination fees if you wanted to leave. they CAN, however, charge you for the "discount" you received on a phone. IE, you could get out of the $350 fee, but if you bought a droid that normally goes for $500, renew your contract which brings it down to $299, then another $100 mail in rebate, you would be on the line for the $100 and the $201.

but i havent researched this at all, so i could be talking out of my...yeah.
0 Replies

darebrokenheart

Reply Thu 19 Nov, 2009 04:42 am
@droid jet,
Well if an individual has bought a phone at its original price that fee should be waived if they decided to cancel their contract. My only logic is they're trying to keep people from switching to other carriers with these new smartphones. Though verizon phones don't have sim cards their people can flash their phone (like the dare) and use it on another carrier.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Leaving Verizon Wireless to get more expensive Nov. 15
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 07:09:03