dyslexia

Reply Sun 7 Feb, 2010 08:13 pm
@littlek,
littlek wrote:

<Delete>

So, Dys, what's the difference?
proximity to the depression and post war suburbanization.
ossobuco

Reply Sun 7 Feb, 2010 08:28 pm
@littlek,
I'm the same age as your mother (that has long seemed weird to me as you're the one I relate to), thus pre boomer - but I share some boomer traits and some gen x traits. Re dys' comment, to myself I'm sort of between the beat generation heyday and the hippies. I don't know how much I'd trust all these categories.. maybe I need to do some reading too. As many hippies turned into work oriented achievers as they aged, categories seem a little facile.
tsarstepan

Reply Sun 7 Feb, 2010 08:32 pm
@ossobuco,
Of course, these categories are as accurate as horoscopes are, if that means anything to you. Razz
ossobuco

Reply Sun 7 Feb, 2010 08:36 pm
@tsarstepan,
It does, it does.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sun 7 Feb, 2010 08:37 pm
@dyslexia,
dyslexia wrote:

littlek wrote:

<Delete>

So, Dys, what's the difference?
proximity to the depression and post war suburbanization.
another mahjor distinction was the GI Bill or Roghts which had a profound effect on american society, the very concept of education (especially higher education) was bastardized because tons on money became available to "educate" the returning vets and ergo the quality of education became secondary to "enrollment". Quality went extremely lower while enrollment increase (more monies). In essence the GI bill produced an entire generation of illiterate college/university "graduates." (me being one of them)
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 7 Feb, 2010 09:49 pm
I definitely see my parents having characteristics of both the depression generation and the Boomers. That's why I said that they were on the cusp.
0 Replies

fbaezer

Reply Mon 8 Feb, 2010 08:18 pm
This Generation Jones thing looks like a marketing ploy to me.
BUT...
I understand now why I didn't get along with my ex-wife (b.1953): she's a baby boomer, while I (b.1954) am a Generation Jones.
And any problems I may have with my wife (b. 1966) are because she's Generation X and I am Generation Jones.
Groovy!!!!!

0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 04/24/2024 at 06:52:09