• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,442 • Replies: 7
No top replies

tsarstepan

Reply Wed 3 Feb, 2010 08:55 pm
@Amigo,
I'm too frustrated by this video to make a cohesive comment. It's despicable. Absolutely despicable how the corporations are profiteering off of the war.
Amigo

Reply Wed 3 Feb, 2010 09:59 pm
@tsarstepan,
The strangest thing to me is it seems like something somebody would do somthing about. Like it would be frontpage news and we would all say "we're going to stop this" for the greater good, for the country.

This is an old movie. Nothing will be done. Americans will do nothing. This I know for sure.Now that I am older I know it is not strange it is who we are.

tsarstepan

Reply Wed 3 Feb, 2010 10:06 pm
@Amigo,
I seen the original documentary. In fact, it's the only time I ever used a documentary as a secondary source for a college research paper: a sociology class on the war on terror. What these mercenary companies are doing is putting us American citizens and those in the US Army and other country's support troops in far greater danger with the their corruption and reckless policies.
tsarstepan

Reply Wed 3 Feb, 2010 10:10 pm
@tsarstepan,
As for doing something...? It all seems pretty futile to just write to one's Congress member about and I'm no stranger to writing my representatives on several different occasions for differing reasons.

There is a reason why it's called the Military Industrial Complex. Corporate culture is too deeply entrenched into the system.
0 Replies

Rob the Rev

Reply Wed 24 Feb, 2010 09:06 am
How did the Republicans ban these excerpts from being shown since they are in the minority?
djjd62

Reply Wed 24 Feb, 2010 09:27 am
@Rob the Rev,
because, despite what you've been led to believe, the government is in power
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Wed 24 Feb, 2010 10:44 am
@Rob the Rev,
Rob the Rev wrote:

How did the Republicans ban these excerpts from being shown since they are in the minority?
I was wondering the same thing and was meaning to check out facts. This movie came out (i think) before the Republicans were the minority.
0 Replies