Embroidery Floss into baby bibs.

Reply Thu 28 Jan, 2010 06:58 pm
I cannot get the floss into the small needle. I am embroidering a baby gift and the needle is just so small for the floss to use for the cross stitch.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 746 • Replies: 4
No top replies

jespah

Reply Fri 29 Jan, 2010 05:41 am
@59 North,
Can you get a larger-eyed needle, like a carpet needle?
0 Replies

aidan

Reply Fri 29 Jan, 2010 06:23 am
@59 North,
These are very handy:http://www.beadfx.com/images/74323040.jpg
You can buy them in any fabric store. But a lot of embroidery thread is three or four stranded, so you can make it smaller, finer and easier to fit through the eye of the needle if you only use one or two strands - just unravel it.

I always wrap my thread around the needle and pull and then find it easier to get the thread in the eye of the needle than if I just try to stick the end through.

You don't want to use a bigger needle, especially in something as delicate as a baby's bib (unless it's one of those terrycloth bibs) because you'll be able to see the needle holes.
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Fri 29 Jan, 2010 06:31 am
my wife also untwists or unravels the larger threads
Green Witch

Reply Fri 29 Jan, 2010 07:06 am
@dadpad,
Mompad knows how to embroider. Most embroidery is done with three strands, the thread typically comes twined with six. You just divide the twist into 2 three strand sections and give a little tug to get them apart. You still might need a different needle. Ask at your craft store for embroidery needles and they will show you the proper type.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Embroidery Floss into baby bibs.
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/19/2024 at 12:19:17