How to love yourself? Why one should love oneselves?

zhjuan

Reply Thu 28 Jan, 2010 06:29 pm
How to love yourself? Why one should love oneselves?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 954 • Replies: 8
No top replies

Seed

Reply Thu 28 Jan, 2010 06:53 pm
@zhjuan,
Well I can go into details about how to love yourself, but this is more a of a PG-13 site, and the answer is more R rated. As for why to love yourself, well if no one else will love you, you might as well do the loving.
0 Replies

zhjuan

Reply Thu 28 Jan, 2010 07:07 pm
I am trying to love myself but really find it hard. It a long story but it has to be done. Love your answer. It's quite interesting and it gets me thinking. Cool.
Seed

Reply Thu 28 Jan, 2010 07:11 pm
@zhjuan,
If you can't love yourself, how do you expect others to love you?
zhjuan

Reply Thu 28 Jan, 2010 07:25 pm
@Seed,
True. ironically, love myself is a very difficult task for me achieve no matter haw hard I tried but I know I need to in order to live a happy life. I am not giving up.
Seed

Reply Thu 28 Jan, 2010 07:34 pm
@zhjuan,
Well why do you find loving yourself so hard?
zhjuan

Reply Fri 29 Jan, 2010 05:22 am
@Seed,
Thanks for asking. I was not loved by my parents as a child, so I believed I was not worth loving but now as a adult, I know that's not true, but I guess the damage is done and I have to try to alter the believe and try to learn to love myself. It's hard though, I often laugh at my self for not able to do such thing. I would not do the same for my child. My child would have anything I didn't have as a child within reason (I made this swears to myself when I was 11). I believe only if I am happy then I can give my child a happy childhood. I found inspiration works. I need to crack the unhealthy self believe in order to change my self image and so love myself.

My mother does immoral stuffs and it makes me constantly feel shame on me because she is my mother. So I have a great desire to succeed so I don't need to feel shame any more. So I don't beat myself up every day. Constantly hate myself and regret the decision I made (fair and conscience "business" decisions) but necessary. I hate myself that I can't be a better business woman, better at making business decision rather than try to be fair and nice all the time. On the other hand, it is very important to be moral and fair to people, I can't help it... I don't want to waste my time hating my parent, but my own mistakes.Sometimes, the answer is so obvious but you just can see it because you are just so caught up in it. I see it sometimes but every now and then I lost my sight of it. It hurts.

Love your answers. Short but true.
0 Replies

Lifeisart

Reply Fri 29 Jan, 2010 09:30 pm
@zhjuan,
It's a popular saying, "How can people love you if you don't love yourself?" It's not altogether true though. Many people dislike themselves, but that does not make them unlovable. It simply makes them unhappy.

A good start to loving yourself is finding why you do not, which it seems you have. You need to accept that life is a learning experience and there are no mistakes in life, only lessons. The past is the past for a reason, and now you need to start anew and take good care of yourself.

You shouldn't feel shame because of what your mother has or hasn't done. They weren't your choices and the shame is not yours to carry. You should look at her actions and take a lesson away with you. Use it to your advantage and become a stronger person from it.
zhjuan

Reply Sat 30 Jan, 2010 06:51 am
@Lifeisart,
Thanks, I really appreciate that.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » How to love yourself? Why one should love oneselves?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/20/2024 at 12:55:59