Rolex Valuation

nbrianm

Reply Tue 5 Jan, 2010 10:16 pm
Is there anyone here who can advise me on establishing a fair valuation of my Rolex watch for private party sale?

It is a 1981, gold, Presidential model with a 10 diamond face and is in excellent condition.

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 4 • Views: 4,728 • Replies: 8
No top replies

Robert Gentel

Reply Tue 5 Jan, 2010 11:01 pm
@nbrianm,
You might want to ask the folks at rolexforums.com. They even have a forum to advertise private sales:

http://www.rolexforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9
nbrianm

Reply Tue 5 Jan, 2010 11:40 pm
@Robert Gentel,
!Gracias amigo!
Robert Gentel

Reply Tue 5 Jan, 2010 11:45 pm
@nbrianm,
No problem, I'd also check out ebay (which in my experience would be on the very low end of the value spectrum).
farmerman

Reply Wed 6 Jan, 2010 12:24 pm
@Robert Gentel,
Look through MAine Antiques Digest. They publish a monthly guide on prices realized at auctions . They do a very good job of identifying the auction house, the item, its condition, and its desirability.

I always like "prices realized" sections to indicate where the market has recently gone.
0 Replies

jeffreyhorton1

Reply Sat 14 Apr, 2012 11:23 am
@nbrianm,
I think you must ask to an authorized dealer to inspect its original cost.
0 Replies

Josh Jackson

Reply Thu 22 Nov, 2012 04:38 am
@nbrianm,
Hello Community,

Rolex is a Swiss watchmaking company that was founded in 1905 and still makes the world's most sought-after wristwatches. There are several factors that go into the value of vintage Rolex watches. As with all watches, the condition of the watch is the primary consideration. Watches in like-new condition, and with their original wristband, are worth considerably more than those that are showing signs of wear. Certain vintage Rolex models have historical importance, or were considered the first of their kind for technical breakthroughs. These include the Oyster, the Datejust, the first watch to automatically change dates and the Submariner, the first watch designed for deep-sea divers.

Best Regards,
Josh Jackson
0 Replies

Deepak Bhalla

Reply Thu 27 Dec, 2012 12:25 am
@nbrianm,
Hello Friends,

I have seen Rolex Oyster appreciate in value. The valuation is increased if it is well maintained by an authorized Rolex workshop and also is well maintained, running well and keeping accurate time. Preferably, there is little or no damage to the bracelet, the crown and the whole face of the watch. If it is gold, there should be consistent gold bright color. Diamonds should also be intact. You may want to put your watch on eBay to test the value after doing the above checks.

Thanks and Regards,
Deepak Bhalla
0 Replies

alstonnelson

Reply Mon 16 Dec, 2013 05:45 am
Rolex watch in gold , its very difficult for any one to get a good price because its resale value is low then a stainless steel then the basic reason for gold watches they can't hold there values compare to stainless steel .
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Rolex Valuation
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 05:05:04