Ever wear the black hat?

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2003 11:57 am
Or, to put it more simply, have you ever been the villain of your own life story, or somebody else's?

I was thinking about this in the shower the other day -- not about little instances of being an asshole, but of stretches of time, relationships, whatever, when I may have really hurt somebody else with no good reason. There are probably countless instances of hurting through willful inattention, but I can think of one stretch of time when I very definitely hurt somebody -- not maliciously, but she definitely suffered a great deal of emotional pain at the time and it was definitely my fault and I definitely deserved being slapped in the bar (should have been hit harder, actually) and booed on stage (hey, it was a dismal show anyway).

So, is there any time you look back on and think, "What a piece of sh!t I was"? Anybody been the bad guy (or gal)?

(No requirements for sharing.)
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 2,537 • Replies: 41
No top replies

eoe

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2003 12:06 pm
Nope.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2003 12:08 pm
yeppers
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2003 12:18 pm
Yep.

One rebound relationship makes me wince whenever I look back on it. It was the one and only time I really took on the femme fatale role, and it had its perks, but that poor guy... ack.
0 Replies

safecracker

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2003 12:52 pm
lol hasn't everyone? Anyone who says no needs to look a lil deeper.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2003 01:02 pm
Looking...
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2003 01:03 pm
It's a hard one, but I will say no with reservation. Of course, that is a great big reservation Smile I have been blamed many a time - but, that was someone else Smile

Let me go get in the shower now so I can be clearer Cool
0 Replies

safecracker

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2003 01:06 pm
you have to look at yourself with an outside perspective that is hard because we are naturally bias when it comes to ourselves. Bill if you have been blamed many a time then chances are thats a sign lol
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2003 01:13 pm
I don't suppose you mean something like dating someone who's clearly nuts about you but you don't feel the same so you don't go out with them anymore. They call, they're hurt and you know they're hurt but...to them, you're an awful person but from your perspective, you're doing the right thing.
Is this wearing the black hat?
0 Replies

safecracker

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2003 01:30 pm
No, wearing the black hat would be to keep dating them just cuz u wanna get laid with total disregard for their feelings lol.....thats extreme black hat. eoe there has to be someone you just didn't like so you were mean to em atleast lol
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2003 02:13 pm
More times than i care to recall . . . callow youth was usually the cause, but i've had relapses.

There will be no details.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2003 02:42 pm
yep - I been bad.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2003 02:42 pm
My conscience would beat me silly if I was mean to someone just because I didn't like them. I may avoid them, keep my distance or try not to have to talk to them but just being mean, without provocation, is just not in me.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2003 02:46 pm
safecracker wrote:
No, wearing the black hat would be to keep dating them just cuz u wanna get laid with total disregard for their feelings lol.....thats extreme black hat.

What about high-fiving your friends after telling them about it? Is that bad too?
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2003 02:53 pm
Just riffing on safecracker and Slappy....what if you continue dating this person you don't care for, and get them into a blindfolded, tied-up naked scenario, then have your friend pretend he's you, then high-five him afterwards and let him sneak out before she knows better. Isn't that more extreme black hat?
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2003 03:40 pm
Thinking.
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2003 03:45 pm
Wore my black hat during the entire nine years of my marriage. We never should have married. Thankfully, we're good friends now and both share the same pride with our fourteen year old son.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2003 03:52 pm
hmmmm....thinking....
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2003 03:53 pm
wait, I want to hear Pdog's definition of 'wearing the black hat'. Seems to me it might differ from safecracker's def.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2003 03:54 pm
What about tying her up, blindfolded, and letting the Golden Retreiver have a go at the philly?
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Ever wear the black hat?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/02/2024 at 02:35:23