Reply Sat 2 Jan, 2010 04:08 pm
We finally took the plunge, and bought a blu-ray player. The player is designed for audiophiles, and has a larger power supply than the regular edition of this unit. Although the video is connected by an HDMI cable, the audio is played through analog component audio inputs.

For the last few months we had been playing with the idea of getting blu-ray. We have had an upconverting DVD player, which is really quite good. Anyhow, I am hooked with the new piece of equipment.

Right now we have the TV connected to two pretty high quality speakers, and have a subwoofer. When I saw my first blu-ray film, I realized that we were losing a lot by not having the rear speakers, so as to produce surround sound.

I am thinking about wireless rear speakers. According to Mr. P. we would have to get another amplifier that would accommodate them. I also know very little about the various surround sound speakers.

What I am interested in is a fairly high quality piece that would not break the bank. Has anyone had experience with this, and have any suggestions?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 2,088 • Replies: 1
No top replies

Robert Gentel

Reply Sun 3 Jan, 2010 12:05 am
@Phoenix32890,
If you are an audiophile you might want to avoid wireless speakers, as far as I know there are none that do not present a degradation in sound quality (but I'm not an audiophile so I can't confirm).
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Wireless Rear Home Theatre Speakers
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/10/2024 at 06:43:31