Looking for Spring Break Ideas

Reply Wed 23 Dec, 2009 11:15 am
Every year, I go on the lookout for a Spring Break family vacation. If I fail to find something suitable, we end up at Disney World, so I work really hard at finding new adventures. Additionally, I generally look for something warm, but that is not a requirement since last year we went skiing and it was well received although at the high end of my price range even with the end of season discounts. We've done New Orleans, San Diego, a Florida tennis resort and Puerto Rico, all with good results. My children range from 7-15. This year I'm thinking of a dude ranch. Has anyone done something like this before? Any other ideas out there?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 3 • Views: 1,471 • Replies: 6
No top replies

CalamityJane

Reply Wed 23 Dec, 2009 03:52 pm
I don't know what a dude ranch is, but Hawaii would be an option. Very kid
friendly for any age really. A houseboat on Lake Havasu would be neat too.

mm25075

Reply Wed 23 Dec, 2009 04:16 pm
@CalamityJane,
CalamityJane wrote:

A houseboat on Lake Havasu would be neat too.

Not during Spring Break though. The whole town of Lake Havasu is over run by college kids (think AZ version of Ft Lauderdale) Probably not very kid friendly during that time. Any other time that would be a good idea.

Lake Mead is great to get a houseboat and spend some time on. Near there is Hoover Dam, the Grand Canyon (lot of hiking trails) and of course Las Vegas. The Las Vegas strip has several attractions that can be quite family friendly.

Six Flags Magic Mountain is one my fav amusement park places and caters nicely to the roller coaster freaks in any family.

0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Wed 23 Dec, 2009 04:36 pm
Tucson?
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Wed 23 Dec, 2009 04:46 pm
@CalamityJane,
A dude ranch is a western themed place. Depending on how serious it is, you can herd cattle and sleep out on the range or just ride around on horses then hit the pool.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Wed 23 Dec, 2009 04:47 pm
@engineer,
SIL has done the dude ranch vacation -- not in March though.

I can't say enough about Belize. We stayed on Ambergris Cay. It was fantastic and the kids snorkeled with rays and hammerheads in "shark-ray alley".
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Thu 7 Mar, 2024 04:25 pm
0 Replies