Can you interperate my dream?

kerver

Reply Tue 21 Oct, 2003 10:46 pm
Hi everyone. I didn't know where exactly to post this, so here it is anyway. Lately i've been having weird dreams about dieing. My first dream was about my friend and I. We were in this weird kind of hospital,looking for a certain room, certain doctor, walking through winding hallways with bright white walls. Finally after much confusion we make it to our destination. When we arrived there's a man who we know but aren't friends with. He was sitting in the waiting room begging us not too tell his family or anyone else he was there. So we agreed as long as he wouldn't tell anyone about us. It turned out we were in a weird kinda hospital where we could choose the time and date when we wanted to die, and when that time comes they get rid of you. The weird thing is that we were really excited to be there. I don't wanna die by any means, so i'm just wondering whats up with that. I've also had a few dreams of people trying to stab me. I have never had these kind of dreams before. If you wanna try and interperate this for me please do, and ask any question that you think could help. Thanks
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,026 • Replies: 8
No top replies

Turner 727

Reply Tue 21 Oct, 2003 11:51 pm
Only you can interpret your dreams. But I will take a stab at it.

Generally, when you dream about dying, you are dreaming about a life changing event. So one must ask, are you at a fork in the road? The fact that you're excited about it in the dream may mean that you're looking forward to it, and that you're ready to accept it. Since you, in your dream, ask the person you know not to tell anyone, makes me think that it's something you've been internalizing, perhaps just sharing with a close friend, or a small group of friends, as shown by your friend in the dream.

So, if this was my dream, I would interpret it as that I'm making a change to my life, and I'm not ready to tell people about it. Except for maybe one or two people who already know about it. You've decided to change, or to go with the flow, and are happy with that decision. You just don't want to broadcast it to everyone.

It could also just be random fluff, too. Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar, after all.
0 Replies

kerver

Reply Tue 21 Oct, 2003 11:59 pm
Thanks, that makes alot of sense, it could mean more then one event in my life i guess. Thanks again turner. You should make this your profession!
0 Replies

Turner 727

Reply Wed 22 Oct, 2003 12:06 am
Glad I could help. . . http://forums.civfanatics.com/images/smilies/thumbsup.gif
0 Replies

Eastree

Reply Wed 22 Oct, 2003 12:45 am
I'm not sure if there really is a consistent way to interpret dreams. I have heard theories about dreams from scientific and non-scientific sources. Some say it's your own mind trying to work things out sometimes, and sometimes it's random information pulled by your hypocampus from different places elsewhere in your brain.

Others say it can be something that bothers you and your subconscious is trying to make sense of it or come to terms with it.

As far as other methods, I have visited some web sites about dream interpretation and several sites gave me different answers for the same dream. But many seem consistent that dreams about death is a good thing (I forget how -- I haven't visited one of those sites in a long time). I would suggest just doing a search for that type of site, and go to several just to get a rounded answer, if that's the kind of thing you are looking for.
0 Replies

kerver

Reply Wed 22 Oct, 2003 12:54 am
Thats also good advise, thanks eastree i'll go check that out.
0 Replies

skotup1

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2003 11:44 am
yer what they said, plus: the man u "knew but werent friends with" coincides with not letting ppl u know but arent friends with about your change.

wonder what im gonna dream about tonight, today 2 things happend, i got a new job with better pay, better hours, better work place and at the same time got more contractual hours with my other job so when i take holidays and quit im gonna get payed hella lot more in holiday pay.
0 Replies

fbaezer

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2003 12:40 pm
There are common symbols: death as change, water as feelings, houses as the self, vehicles as the way you are conducting (or letting another one conduct) your life, masks as deception, etcetera.

Out of the many dream interpretation sites I've visited, the only one I've found with a sensible dream dictionary is called "dreamdoctor".
0 Replies

Eastree

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2003 12:53 pm
Hmm ... I might have to visitthat myself for some of the strangeness in recent dreams ...
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Can you interperate my dream?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/10/2024 at 02:02:46