The story about my first cell phone…

sunny09

Reply Tue 1 Dec, 2009 12:42 am
When you are holding the most novel and powerful cell phone, do you still remember the first mobile phone you have got in those days?
Do you still remember the brand of the first mobile phone? What memory will it bring to you? Welcome to join us to tell the story about your first phone, and then let us find out the most absorbing one!

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 630 • Replies: 2
No top replies

aidan

Reply Tue 1 Dec, 2009 01:05 am
@sunny09,
My first phone was a nokia- very basic model.
Now I have a pretty red one that I got for free when I bought ten pounds of phone credit. It doesn't take pictures or have games or anything- it's just a phone, but I like the shape and color of it.
0 Replies

Gala

Reply Tue 1 Dec, 2009 10:19 am
@sunny09,
The only reason why I switched to a cell phone was because Verizon messed up. I had moved and made arrangements with Verizon to activate my landline on a certain date, but they didn't. They then belatedly claimed they needed access to my apartment and gave me an 8 hour window.

Did I have 8 hours of free time after having just moved and starting a new job?

No, I did not.

Someone who works at the apartment I moved recommended Comcast and she said she'd be available to let them in. They gave me a 4 hour window. But Comcast never made it in my apartment, because the woman was out sick that day.

So, I said to hell with it and decided to get a cell phone.

I first went to the AT & T store where the very young and pregnant girl who worked there was more captivated with her friends visiting the store than me. Strike one.

I then meandered over to Sprint in the mall and they wanted me to fill out a series of personal information questions, including the sacrifice of my first born, before even letting me look at a phone. Strike two.

I found a T-Mobile kiosk in the mall and some very charming salesman gave me no line of BS, I didn't have to pay for the phone, I didn't have to pay for the case and the rate was reasonable.

That was in 2007. I am so behind the times and a little pathetic in techy terms, 2007 to get a cell phone, eesh.

Anyway, I still have that little red phone, my very first. It has no features like a camera or an alarm. When I signed on for another 2 years with T-Mobile they locked in my rate 49.99 for life and I get a new phone at no extra charge, but I haven't gotten around to replacing, mostly because the little red phone seems to be good enough.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » The story about my first cell phone…
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/17/2024 at 12:43:06