Would you pick reality or illusion

Reply Sun 15 Nov, 2009 09:20 pm
If you could go into a coma and live as anyone or however you wish. As rich as you want, as famous as you want, to have your dream woman or man. Would you do it, or would you want to be in the real world?And what is reality? Is reality what is or is it what you percieve? If it is what you percieve then why not choose the dream?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 696 • Replies: 4
No top replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sun 15 Nov, 2009 09:27 pm
@g7yarbro,
I'd rather stay in the real world. What reality is? I give you an example:
you dream of buying a Ferrari - that's your illusion
Your neighbor drives a Ferrari - that's (bitter) reality for you.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Sun 15 Nov, 2009 09:28 pm
@g7yarbro,
Knee jerkishly, I would answer yes.

Reality is bloody depressing these days.

I'm sure they're as moral, physical, emotional, and other consequences to accepting such obvious self delusion but as of now though it might seem a tad too melodramatic ... I'm not too enthusiastic about the so sure about any light at the alleged end of the proverbial tunnel.
0 Replies

aidan

Reply Mon 16 Nov, 2009 12:56 am
@g7yarbro,
Is this an either/or thing as in you get to choose to either be in reality with no dreaming or in dream world with no reality forever? In other words, no leaving the dream to come back to reality?
Could the people in your reality accompany you into your dream world where there's no cancer, no debilitations of age - or maybe I could pick my favorite age when my kids were still little and my parents were still young and healthy and stay there forever - something like that? You know just living in that perfect moment in time when everyone was how you'd always like to remember them?

Hell yeah - I'd pick the dream world. My sister and I were just talking last night about how unbearable it will be when our parents go.
The other day, my friend, who is such a bright, happy, competent, busy person called and told me that she is on the edge of depression for the first time in her life, feeling utter sadness and despair that's effecting everything because her mother has cancer and she knows she will lose her and she doesn't know how she'll live without her in her life.
I would do anything to be able to help her (and me when the time comes for my parents or children or sisters and brothers) and everyone else in the world avoid that -if I could do it by living in a dream.

But only if the people from my reality could come with me.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Mon 16 Nov, 2009 11:01 am
@g7yarbro,
In the real world, although as the tsar says, it is bloody depressing, especially when one is alone.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Would you pick reality or illusion
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/29/2024 at 01:35:04