Is Charles Manson and Osama Bin Laden alike?

Reply Sun 15 Nov, 2009 09:12 pm
I just noticed the similarities between the two. For example they both got their followers to murder people. They both used religion Bin Laden uses Islam and Manson used the Holy Bible. They both use pop culture, Al Qaeda uses the internet and Manson used the Beetles. They both wanted to provoke a war with the U.S. Manson wanted it to be a race war within the U.S. I think the real question is would it be better to look at him as a criminal and not a terrorist genius.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 881 • Replies: 3
No top replies

tsarstepan

Reply Sun 15 Nov, 2009 10:19 pm
@g7yarbro,
Quote:
I think the real question is would it be better to look at him as a criminal and not a terrorist genius.

I think you're playing the semantics' card here. I can't see a distinction between criminal and terrorist, other then a criminal may actually have a legitimate moral and ethical reason to have committed his or her crime. E.g.:
Jean Valjean stole some bread to try and feed his starving family.

I guess as distinctions go ... that could vary from a crack in the sidewalk to a hole in the ground the size of the Borealis basin crater on Mars. Maybe I killed or maybe I did not kill my own argument... I'm not sure right now.
jespah

Reply Mon 16 Nov, 2009 04:58 am
@tsarstepan,
They also both have beards.

And so did Abe Lincoln. Shocked
chai2

Reply Mon 16 Nov, 2009 07:54 am
@jespah,
And feet!

Both definately have feet!
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Is Charles Manson and Osama Bin Laden alike?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/28/2024 at 03:50:15