DO NOT BUY CUISINART

Reply Wed 4 Nov, 2009 11:43 am
DO NOT buy the Cuisinart Anodized cookware! It can't be used on high heat, and can't be put in dishwasher. You will find this info in small print after the finish has come off. I've had mine 5 months.
Rude customer service that IS NOT helpful.
No call back from Cuisinart Corporate so they must not care either.
DO NOT BUY CUISINART ANYTHING>
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 944 • Replies: 3
No top replies

roger

Reply Wed 4 Nov, 2009 11:59 am
@CRAPPY CUISINART,
How interesting. I seem to recall their cookware was way down the list in Consumers' Reports. I purely hate my Cuisinart toaster, too. It heats so slowly that by the time the toast is, well, toasty on the outside, the inside is crunchy - kind of like Melba Toast. One bad experience is all I need.

In a similar vein, I have a T-Fal pot. It's real nice, except they extended the non stick surfacing to the bottom. Easier to clean, but so slick I've had to grab the handle to keep it and the hot contents from sliding off the stove while stirring viscous liquids like spaghetti sauce.
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Wed 4 Nov, 2009 02:46 pm
HOLY ******* **** THANK YOU I WAS JUST HEADING OUT TO SEARS TO GET ONE!
roger

Reply Wed 4 Nov, 2009 02:54 pm
@Gargamel,
Go to COSTCO instead. Their Kirtland Signature line is tops. The drawback is that there is no open stock. You have to buy the entire set, which is okay if you routinely use two or three pieces. I came out well that way, and gave ossobuco the enormous pasta pot.

I think the Sam's Club set is pretty fair, too, though I haven't actually tried it.
0 Replies