Printer Problem

Tai Chi

Reply Thu 22 Oct, 2009 08:07 am
I'm trying to print a document on an hp deskjet printer and getting nothing.

My first attempt got me a page with faded print so I removed the ink cartridge thinking I might need another one. It seems to be half full of ink. Replaced it and now I'm getting nothing. I think I replaced it correctly. Any ideas anyone?

(Not a techno geek here -- more like techno Greek as in it's all Greek to me...)
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 1,042 • Replies: 13
No top replies

Ticomaya

Reply Thu 22 Oct, 2009 08:13 am
@Tai Chi,
Buy a laser printer.

Sorry ... that's all I got for you.
Tai Chi

Reply Thu 22 Oct, 2009 08:15 am
@Ticomaya,
Very Happy Ha. Worst case scenario I'll have it printed off a memory stick at the library. Still -- I'd like to get this one working.
Izzie

Reply Thu 22 Oct, 2009 08:17 am
@Tai Chi,
can you do a test print page??

unclog nozzles??

Izzie

Reply Thu 22 Oct, 2009 08:21 am
ok..... im a bit crahhhhhp at explaining things

but

start
control panel
printers
double click the printer
???
printer
properties
print test page
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Thu 22 Oct, 2009 08:25 am
Or maybe try cleaning the cartridge using the software command that does that. (I mean as opposed to a cotton ball and some alcohol.) Not sure how you do that, but I know you can.
Tai Chi

Reply Thu 22 Oct, 2009 08:34 am
@Izzie,
Tried the test page -- only got a shadow -- it looks like the inks not getting out of the cartridge. May have to unclog nozzles! Thanks!
0 Replies

Tai Chi

Reply Thu 22 Oct, 2009 08:35 am
@Ticomaya,
I'll look into that, Ticomaya -- probably when I'm off work tomorrow. (Unless I can figure it out in the next few minutes.) Thanks.
DrewDad

Reply Thu 22 Oct, 2009 08:45 am
@Tai Chi,
Has it been a long time (months) since you printed something else on this printer? I've seen where the cartridge has to be replaced even when it has ink, after a long lapse in printing.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 22 Oct, 2009 08:55 am
@Tai Chi,
hp has an excellent help desk (at least here), very friendly and co-operative (via email).
Tai Chi

Reply Thu 22 Oct, 2009 09:13 am
@DrewDad,
I'm thinking this might be the problem DrewDad. I'll bet it's been 6 months since we last used it. I'm starting to get some faint print after multiple automatic cartridge cleanings but nothing that could be handed in to a college class. May just buy a new cartridge and go from there.
0 Replies

Tai Chi

Reply Thu 22 Oct, 2009 09:14 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Thanks Walter. (May try a new cartridge and then we'll see.)
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Thu 22 Oct, 2009 10:55 am
Sounds like you might have the problem licked: need new cartridge.

But here's something I wanted to add. If the test page had printed out OK but you still couldn't get the internet page to print, I'd try to determine whether you're not trying to print an unprintable page. Frequently internet material will have somewhere in the margin a small icon which says something like 'printable version' and you have to click on that to be able to print it out.

I've had that happen a lot, trying to print a page not earmarked for printing.
Tai Chi

Reply Fri 23 Oct, 2009 08:51 am
@Merry Andrew,
Hi MA. Yeah, I guess I really just have to decide whether I want to spend the money on a new cartridge when we print stuff so seldom (which means I'll face the same problem sooner or later -- a half-full cartridge that won't print).

(I'm trying to print from a Word program saved on the hard drive. I've also got it saved to a memory stick -- will probably just use that to print it off at the library.)
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Printer Problem
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 05:21:30