Sorry Dan!

caramel

Reply Fri 17 Oct, 2003 04:30 am
Your Red Sox blew it again! Crying or Very sad That curse is still working. Damn Yankees!

Hope the Bruins will do better this year (not.....) Very Happy
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 671 • Replies: 10
No top replies

brunt

Reply Fri 17 Oct, 2003 02:54 pm
Are you talking about sports...
... or does Dan have problems with his washing machine???

Laughing Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

caramel

Reply Fri 17 Oct, 2003 03:23 pm
Are you talking about sports...
brunt wrote:
... or does Dan have problems with his washing machine???

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Yes I'm talking about sports, baseball in this case. The Boston Red Sox lost the best of 7 series to the New York Yankees, and the Yankees are once again ( Confused ) going to the World Series (against the Florida Marlins) to determine the best team in baseball this year.

Ever since the Boston Red Sox traded Babe Ruth to the Yankees in 1920, New York had ruled, winning 26 World Series championships while the Red Sox won none, the team is supposedly cursed for selling the sport's biggest star. So the curse lives on.

So close yet so far....

So I'm wishing Dan better luck with the Boston Bruins, the hockey team, this year. The hockey season has just begun last week. And of course I'm rooting for the Montreal Canadiens who so far has won 25 Stanley Cup (the best of any other teams). But I think I'm being realistic in saying that either the Bruins or the Canadiens have any chance in winning the cup this year. Crying or Very sad
0 Replies

brunt

Reply Sat 18 Oct, 2003 02:57 am
I see...
Two friends of mine are very passionate baseball players, and they'd tried to make me watch one of their games. But I fear I couldn't understand anything in this game. Rolling Eyes
And if only American team can participate in a WORLD Series, the German baseball can't be that interesting...
0 Replies

caramel

Reply Sat 18 Oct, 2003 08:28 am
Re: I see...
brunt wrote:
And if only American team can participate in a WORLD Series, the German baseball can't be that interesting...

There are two teams located in Canada, one in Toronto and one in Montreal (but our team will be moving to another city, don't know when but it will happen). It's always been called 'The World Series' even before the two canadian teams came in to be.

Most of the time baseball is a very boring sport Rolling Eyes, nothing much happening. Just like I find football (or soccer as you called it here) very boring. But that's just me. Smile

So are you a football's fan (soccer) ?
0 Replies

brunt

Reply Sat 18 Oct, 2003 12:19 pm
Quote:
So are you a football's fan (soccer) ?

I am a huge fan of Borussia Dortmund, the football (soccer) club from my hometown. Similarly to Great Britain football is the most popular sport in Germany, and similar to England it has many traditional teams that original from the working class. Of course today there is nothing left from these old values, Dortmund has some millionaires playing for them, and we were very, very successful in the last ten years (over the years Dortmund became one of the two or three best teams in Germany).

When I got infected by the BVB virus, Dortmund was fighting for staying in the first league, there was no glamour and Dortmund saw a new manager every couple of months. So I really enjoy the success of my team!

But saying this I agree that it can be very boring to watch a soccer match on TV. I am not interested in watching a match if I don't feel something for one of the teams...
0 Replies

dan-124

Reply Thu 30 Oct, 2003 10:13 pm
Thanks for the note. Yeah, the Sox blew it again, but there is always next year and hope springs eternal in a Red Sox fan!
0 Replies

dan-124

Reply Thu 30 Oct, 2003 10:17 pm
football
or as we call it soccer in the US. Last year when I was in London, I was walking through a park and there were all sorts of people playing soccer. That is what baseball was like when I was a child. Everywhere you walked there would be people playing baseball. Today there is less of that and actually more soccer. My daughter used to play in grammar school. And we have a professional teamm in the Boston area, the New England Revolution. I am afraid we would probably get our asses kicked by Euro teams!
0 Replies

caramel

Reply Fri 31 Oct, 2003 03:15 pm
Hello stranger....
dan-124 wrote:
Thanks for the note. Yeah, the Sox blew it again, but there is always next year and hope springs eternal in a Red Sox fan!

You must be quite busy these days. Have you been traveling a lot?
0 Replies

dan-124

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2003 09:26 pm
This spring summer, I have been in St Thomas Virgin Islands, San Juan Puerto Rico,San Francisco California, Honolulu Hawaii, Sacramento Ca., Montreal (the airport and up to visit my friends in Buckingham, Fort Worth Tx, Milwaukee Wisconsin , Lexington Kentucky, El Paso Tx, Juarez, Mexico City and Hidalgo, all in Mexico, New York City on 9/11, and I am sure I am missing some trips. Before the end of the year, I will be back in San Juan Puerto Rico, Kkey West Florida, New York for a Broadway play and some shopping just before Christmas, and North Carolina. It has been a busy, but a fun year.
0 Replies

caramel

Reply Sat 8 Nov, 2003 06:46 am
Wow Dan!
dan-124 wrote:
This spring summer, I have been in St Thomas Virgin Islands, San Juan Puerto Rico,San Francisco California, Honolulu Hawaii, Sacramento Ca., Montreal (the airport and up to visit my friends in Buckingham, Fort Worth Tx, Milwaukee Wisconsin , Lexington Kentucky, El Paso Tx, Juarez, Mexico City and Hidalgo, all in Mexico, New York City on 9/11, and I am sure I am missing some trips. Before the end of the year, I will be back in San Juan Puerto Rico, Kkey West Florida, New York for a Broadway play and some shopping just before Christmas, and North Carolina. It has been a busy, but a fun year.

Saying that you have been busy is quite an understatement. Smile

I would say that you have been very, very busy! Very Happy

Your Frequent Flyer Air Miles card must be quite loaded. Laughing

Nothing much has been happening over here. Colder temperature are beginning to arrive and the Habs are going down the drain while the Bruins are doing well. Crying or Very sad
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Sorry Dan!
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/30/2024 at 06:57:05