Spooky or just coincidence?

london

Reply Sun 24 Nov, 2002 03:42 pm
Yesterday morning, I awoke at 7.20 rather suddenly, which for a Saturday is unusual for me, as I didn't leave the bar till 12.30 am, I normally lie in till about 10 am. Anyway, I awoke suddenly and went downstairs to make a cup of tea.
Just as the kettle boiled, the phone rang, it was my daughter with those words every parent dreads, "Dad I have had an accident in the car", she was distraught and the phone went dead.

I phoned her mobile but could not get through, it was the longest two minutes of my life, I can't tell you what was going through my mind, it was hell. When I got through to her she was still distraught but she told me where she was an that she was not hurt, It was about 4 miles from home. My wife and I quickly got dressed and dashed to the scene where there were 5 police cars sorting out the accident at a major cross roads, It looked a mess.

In the cold light of day, l look back with relief that no one was hurt, though my wife is not happy that her car, which was brand new 4 weeks ago, is now written off.

What I find puzzling is that I awoke suddenly at the precise time the accident occurred, 7.22am.

Do you think there is some sort of mechanism in us that can sense this type of event, or is it just coincidence?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 971 • Replies: 8
No top replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Sun 24 Nov, 2002 03:48 pm
There are no coincidences in this world, London. That's just an expression we use to account for unexplained phenomena. Or, as they say in some theistic circles, coincidence is God's way of remaining anonymous.
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Sun 24 Nov, 2002 05:10 pm
London, I agree with Merry Andrew. There are too many instances of this type of thing.

Thank heaven she is OK. Do you know yet how the accident occurred?
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Sun 24 Nov, 2002 05:11 pm
Wow London, how bizarre! I'm so glad your daughter is not hurt.

I've heard of 'coincidences' like this before, and it's all very strange.

We are all connected somehow, and I think certain people are tuned in enough to know instinctly when something is wrong with a loved one.

I work with a girl who dreams very profoundly. Sure enough, if she dreams it, it's going to happen, give it a few days.
0 Replies

maxsdadeo

Reply Sun 24 Nov, 2002 10:04 pm
This kind of stuff happens to maximom all the time.

Pretty spooky, but I am starting to get used to it.
0 Replies

bandylu2

Reply Sun 24 Nov, 2002 10:08 pm
There are 'forces' in this world which none of us fully understands. It's part of what makes life interesting.

My mother had a similar connection to one of my brothers -- she knew immediately when he was in trouble of any sort. There are 7 of us and he was the only one she connected with to this extent. Who knows why?
0 Replies

london

Reply Mon 25 Nov, 2002 04:18 pm
Hi Diane,

She's OK thank god, unfortunately the accident was my daughters fault, she isa relatively new driver and made a mistake in turning right when she should have waited, still, these things happen, just as well it happened with no one hurt.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 25 Nov, 2002 04:29 pm
{{{london}}}

I had a pretty bad car crash recently and know first-hand how scary that can be. (Also nobody hurt, also car "written off" or totalled.) I'm generally a rationalist, but gotta agree with M.A. and others. Have lots of stories like that.

Glad everyone's fine.
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Mon 25 Nov, 2002 04:44 pm
Well London, if you are in London, the poor girl was driving on the wrong side of the road!!
I clearly remember how frightening it was when our sons first started driving, but it wasn't too long before we had enough confidence in them that we encouraged them to do the driving when they were going out with friends.
So glad she wasn't hurt.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Spooky or just coincidence?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/29/2024 at 11:37:28