Hand writing or PC typing?

Reply Mon 12 Oct, 2009 11:38 pm
You may have a beautiful hand writing and you must be very proud of it. But some people may have a bad hand writing. Of course, I am one of them. My hand writing is very terrible. I always feel sorry for those papers which are full of my words. Now I am used to typing. However, I still need to fill some blanks by handwritting. OMG.......
How about yours? Do you prefer it or PC typing?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 3 • Views: 1,042 • Replies: 13
No top replies

roger

Reply Mon 12 Oct, 2009 11:46 pm
@Rachel Muse,
I love to write. Sadly, noone can read it, including myself.

If you've got the desk space, see if you can pick up an old IBM Wheelwriter. Nothing better for forms, assuming you can't scan and edit. By the way, most tax forms can be found in an editable form on the internet. You can't usually save them, but you can fill in the blanks and print when you've got it right.
tsarstepan

Reply Tue 13 Oct, 2009 12:56 am
@Rachel Muse,
Typing on a PC is best for everyone involved. My handwriting is terrible ... like a blind and epileptic turkey (in a full blown seizure) trying to write with the pen in its beak.
Rachel Muse

Reply Tue 13 Oct, 2009 01:09 am
@roger,
I can use Wheel writer. When I was in last company, I need to do lots of things, including typing some documents by wheel writer. It is very interesting and easy to learn. I like to hear that voice when it is printing. It sounds like a music. haha.......
0 Replies

Rachel Muse

Reply Tue 13 Oct, 2009 01:12 am
@tsarstepan,
Haha.....Then can you recognize out that what you are writing about?
roger

Reply Tue 13 Oct, 2009 01:19 am
@Rachel Muse,
Recognize is about right. I used to have to work from invoices signed by our people in the oil field. Read them? No. Recognize them? Almost always.
engineer

Reply Tue 13 Oct, 2009 07:08 am
@Rachel Muse,
I noticed my eleven year old prints his name when asked for his signature. There is so little emphasis on handwriting now that everything is typed, he never really developed a signature.
CalamityJane

Reply Tue 13 Oct, 2009 08:29 am
@engineer,
Yes, I object to that as well. Every school paper has to be brought in typed.
My daughter does write a lot by hand though as she likes her handwriting (as do I), so she writes a lot of short stories on her own and writes cards.

Myself, I like my handwriting too and do write most faxes and notes to staff by hand. It's much faster than on the computer.
ehBeth

Reply Tue 13 Oct, 2009 09:25 am
@CalamityJane,
CalamityJane wrote:
do write most faxes and notes to staff by hand. It's much faster than on the computer.

the last couple of places I've worked haven't had fax machines - so if you want to send a hand-written anything, it's quite a production

write the note/sign the form, scan the document, send it to your computer, retrieve it from an online folder, desktop fax it

It's a real annoyance.

I have to send a number of documents out each day which are hand-signed. I sigh each time I see one appear on my desk.
Rachel Muse

Reply Wed 14 Oct, 2009 11:13 pm
@engineer,
I have my signature and like to practise it on paper again and again. However, I do not like to write other things except that signature. I think it is a kind of society phenomenon. We have used to typing than writing.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Wed 14 Oct, 2009 11:17 pm
@Rachel Muse,
Ummm 1/3rd of the time? No.... Embarrassed
0 Replies

Rachel Muse

Reply Wed 14 Oct, 2009 11:26 pm
@CalamityJane,
Handwriting is much better than computer typing. Sometimes, I even forget how to write the word. PC has become a very important part in my life. Is it a signal of brain-control by high technology in the future?
0 Replies

Rachel Muse

Reply Wed 14 Oct, 2009 11:34 pm
@ehBeth,
When I make a contract, I need to check it again and again, then sign it with my signature. Do you have a fixed signature? Or you sign it at a random style as long as it is your name?
0 Replies

Rachel Muse

Reply Wed 14 Oct, 2009 11:40 pm
@roger,
I have the habit to write diaries in the past with random style. The hand writting is very bad. So sometime I could not recognize it out that what I am writting about. The only way is let the past be past. If I can remember, it is great; If not, it is ok.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Hand writing or PC typing?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/15/2024 at 02:22:08