Gays To Be Open in Military

hawkeye10

Reply Sun 11 Oct, 2009 08:33 pm
@ossobuco,
Quote:
Pout? You are obnoxious, hawk.

I understand that people don't like to be told no, or that they have to wait their turn, and that the immature will decide that the ones getting in the way of what they want are evil.

Grown-ups will find a way to deal with reality, even if they dont like it. The rest should grow the **** up.
ossobuco

Reply Sun 11 Oct, 2009 08:39 pm
@hawkeye10,
I'm much more grown up than you, honey.

You tend, far as I can see, to use deployment in your arguments - ploys.

Pout is an easy word for the behavior of some effeminate gays. Not all gays are effiminate. I suppose that is news.

Of course, all humans grasp at pulling in descriptives for argument.
hawkeye10

Reply Sun 11 Oct, 2009 10:09 pm
@ossobuco,
Quote:
You tend, far as I can see, to use deployment in your arguments - ploys.

You, being the same person who continually says that you can't figure me out.

What you are grasping for is that I put a strange spin on everything. The reason being that I have a strange viewpoint. I am in this culture and yet not completely a part of it, I don't fit into any recognizable categories. My life experience has not been any kind of normal.

I have come to appreciate the advantages of not fitting, much as all of the great comedians are great because they notice what others miss, their perception being deliciously slightly off kilter.

And now it is time for Robert to come bounding along to tell me yet again that I set myself apart in order to draw attention to myself, to feed my ego.
ossobuco

Reply Sun 11 Oct, 2009 10:46 pm
@hawkeye10,
It's true, I have tried to get your points. I don't care about recognizable categories. In slapping me you are slapping the odd trying to listen person.
0 Replies

Diest TKO

Reply Mon 12 Oct, 2009 04:12 am
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

ya, they want what they want and they want it now....

They deserve it now. Yesterday in fact. Injustice is debt, and when tis' time to pay, it's time to pay.
hawkeye10 wrote:

they have no consideration for any other collective interests.

No consideration? Bullshit.

They hide an entire part of who they are so they can serve the "collective" interest. That's pretty ******* considerate. You aren't required to serve, they are doing it on their own free will.
hawkeye10 wrote:

Institution of freedom for gays to serve in the military at the expense of military readiness would be carrying water for the gays.

So are you saying that the guy who drives the tank will be pulled off of his detail to help draft memos on how to not process out homosexuals from the military? The army has lawyers, and consultants that address legal concerns and their work is not about mission readiness. There are army personnel right now who show up to work and write checks for college tuition. Would we be more military ready if they weren't doing this? Should we tell a soldier that the money the Army promised them for this semester's tuition will come when it's convenient? Should we tell them to stop pouting? That them demanding the money they are promised, hurts military readiness?

You're making excuses. Weak excuses.
hawkeye10 wrote:

So far, to his credit, Obama has refused.

He hasn't refused, actually he has promised he will. Kind of the point of this thread. No action yet, but not refusal. It will certainly look bad on his part for making that kind of promise if he didn't plan to follow through.
hawkeye10 wrote:

They will get what they want, when the time is right, when the collective will not be greatly harmed by the supply of those rights.If that is not good enough, tough ****. That is all they are going to get, and they can throw tantrums and pout and call names all they want, it will not matter. Adults are in charge.

Let's entertain your concern as being sincere. Let's say it's a lot of hard work to get this done. It's the right thing to do. Does your definition of adult include only doing the right thing when it's easy? If so, it might explain a great deal of your outlook on things.

T
K
O
dlowan

Reply Mon 12 Oct, 2009 05:03 am
@Diest TKO,
How come "the collective" is pure evil whenever it's not on Hawk's side, and good when it is?

Diest TKO

Reply Mon 12 Oct, 2009 06:19 am
@dlowan,
dlowan wrote:
How come "the collective" is pure evil whenever it's not on Hawk's side, and good when it is?

The "collective" is code for his opinion projected as concensus. Nothing more. He's not the only person that thinks like he does, but unless their is some unanomous sign off on something that includes him, he doesn't approve.

99 votes contrary to his 1, and he'd still be talking about the collective, as if he alone tips the scale.

T
K
O
dlowan

Reply Mon 12 Oct, 2009 07:50 am
@Diest TKO,
Well, it was kind of a criticism in the form of a rhetorical question, but thankee anyway.
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Mon 12 Oct, 2009 09:19 am
@engineer,
engineer wrote:

I'm pretty sure Obama could just order the military to suspend administrative actions under DADT until further. Before DADT, only a Presidential order kept homosexuals out of the military.

Quite right. Obama has treated gays in much the same way as past GOP presidents have treated abortion opponents: many promises, little action. His speech to the HRC is just another example of his "free beer tomorrow" policy toward the gay community.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/17/2024 at 12:08:04