turtlenecks on girls and guys

roger

Reply Sat 10 Oct, 2009 12:00 am
@farmerman,
Yeah, the low level mafia goon.
farmerman

Reply Sat 10 Oct, 2009 05:22 am
@eoe,
Many guys have opinions different freom yours eoe. Most turtlenecks are either really gay looking or else, as rog said, you look like a button man from an old Steve Mcqueen movie.
George

Reply Sat 10 Oct, 2009 07:02 am
I wear a cotton turtleneck shirt under a crew neck sweater when I ski.
I look scrumptious.
farmerman

Reply Sat 10 Oct, 2009 07:31 am
@George,
and with which mafia Family are you associated?
eoe

Reply Sat 10 Oct, 2009 08:20 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

Many guys have opinions different freom yours eoe.

Of course they do, farmerman. And many guys (and women) have opinions that differs from yours as well.
0 Replies

George

Reply Sat 10 Oct, 2009 08:34 am
@farmerman,
You're just jealous of my impeccable fashion sense and boyish good looks.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 10 Oct, 2009 08:59 am
@roger,
hehehehe

(don't tell Bernie Laughing )
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Sat 10 Oct, 2009 02:02 pm
If you're a guy, and have worn a turtleneck in say, the past 12 years, just give up on life. Or you're probably at least 50 years old if you're still rocking them.

Not to mention, they feel like a really week midget is trying to strangle you.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 10 Oct, 2009 02:23 pm
I never understood why they call them turtlenecks. Turtles' necks don't look anything like that. In fact, turtles' necks resemble nothing so much as the neck of an old woman.
Chumly

Reply Sat 10 Oct, 2009 02:33 pm
Don't forge the dickie, the turtleneck's stylish baby brother!

Quote:
Dickies were very popular in the 1800's when laundry was manual and laborious. Gentlemen wore the shirtfront made of celluloid: it was smooth, impervious to stains and dropped or spilled liquids. It was worn on the outside of the shirt so the shirt remained clean and was ready to wear another day, the Dickie (with a shirt collar) was merely wiped clean, rolled up and ready to wear again. The most common version of the Dickie had a collar that served as an anchor to hold every thing in place and the front rolled down to be held there by a belt or buttoned down. The Dickie adapted with the times and today is worn under a shirt, coat or sweater.

Women adapted them to use for modesty and for the same lack of laundry facilities. The 1930's saw a tremendous gain in popularity and as styles constantly do, the popularity ebbed and flowed. No one knows for sure when the Dickies moved from a shirt protector worn outside to where it is today, worn under the outer garment. Turtleneck Collars were popular with Sailors and others who worked outdoor, while the Mock Turtleneck was better suited to the women and social events. The Turtleneck and the Mock Turtleneck are very much in style when worn by a man under a sport coat or blazer. Turtlenecks outdoors, mock Turtlenecks for indoor events.

Gaining and loosing favor throughout the years... The needs for the Dickies changed, and so did the configuration and material. Not always a necessity, but rather an addition to supplement, to enhance appearance and comfort
http://www.dickies-dickies.com/BriefHistory.html
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 10 Oct, 2009 02:51 pm
@Setanta,
Quote:
I never understood why they call them turtlenecks
Prepuce had already been taken.

Think about it chumly, Dickies?--turtleneck? think theres a connection?

In hs, I remember some kid had come back to class after gym and somehow the back flap of his dickie was sticking out of his shirt. Nobody said anything and it wsnt till sometime in the afternoon when this really dipshit English teacher told him.

"Mr Neiman, your dickie is out"
I wsnt in that class (he was a general ed fool).

His name from that date forward was "Dickiesout Neiman"

It was hard being a kid in the pre information age.
Chumly

Reply Sat 10 Oct, 2009 05:40 pm
@farmerman,
For uncircumcised sure; but According to Jewish Law Brit milah must be performed on every Jewish male. In these cases your imagery would not be a forgone (pun) conclusion, but a bit of a stretch (pun).
farmerman

Reply Sat 10 Oct, 2009 08:39 pm
@Chumly,
Pulling back the foreskin of humor again chumly?
Chumly

Reply Mon 12 Oct, 2009 08:40 pm
@farmerman,
Just topically circumscriptive.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 10:06:10