Has anyone tried Omegle?

Reply Sat 3 Oct, 2009 11:31 am
Quote:
Omegle is a brand-new service for meeting new friends. When you use Omegle, we pick another user at random and let you have a one-on-one chat with each other. Chats are completely anonymous, although there is nothing to stop you from revealing personal details if you would like.

Last night was my first time. I chatted with a college freshman from Taiwan. Just right now, I had a lengthy chat with a college student from Lithuania. I have been on the internet since November 1995 and I'm still amazed by the ease of connection that two people can make regardless of the thousands of miles that separate them.

It can be an oddball freakish experience ... ughh ... one night stand's and all. Not my thing. Anecdotally it seems that most if not everyone I met there is trying to practice their English as they seemed to be at the times I used it, from outside of the United States.

It could be a worthwhile and cheap adventure if you're willing to risk being subjected to the risque.

http://omegle.com/
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 4 • Views: 4,161 • Replies: 12
No top replies

tsarstepan

Reply Sat 3 Oct, 2009 11:58 am
@tsarstepan,
I just got off a half hour plus conversation with a globe traveling student. Born and grew up in Cape Town, now residing in the Netherlands, while she's a student in the UK. Wants to be a professor of Islamic studies/Middle East history and/or diplomat. Very Happy
Reyn

Reply Sat 3 Oct, 2009 12:12 pm
@tsarstepan,
It's somewhat intriguing, but the site gives no clues as to how it works and what equipment is needed to use the service.

If it's obvious, and I've missed it, sorry, as I'm not up on the latest stuff.
tsarstepan

Reply Sat 3 Oct, 2009 12:23 pm
@Reyn,
There is no download if that's your asking. It works with the firefox browser so I can imagine IE works well.

http://i35.tinypic.com/o5w1zd.gif
Just click on the Start A Chat button and it should automatically start the chat room without any problem.
Reyn

Reply Sat 3 Oct, 2009 01:46 pm
@tsarstepan,
Laughing So, don't you need at least a microphone, or something? Do you connect up a phone of some kind?
contrex

Reply Sat 3 Oct, 2009 02:37 pm
@Reyn,
Quote:
Just click on the Start A Chat button and it should automatically start the chat room without any problem.

Reyn, the "chatting" is done by typing on the keyboard, like in normal internet "chat rooms". You have heard of these?

Reyn

Reply Sat 3 Oct, 2009 02:38 pm
@contrex,
Ooooooh, I see! Embarrassed Embarrassed Laughing

Okay, yes, I have.
tsarstepan

Reply Sat 3 Oct, 2009 05:10 pm
@Reyn,
Don't give it a worry. Did you give it a try? Hopefully you didn't get cornered into anything too uncomfortable for your sensibilities? Smile
Reyn

Reply Sat 3 Oct, 2009 05:30 pm
@tsarstepan,
Naw, I'm not much one for live chat. A2K is fine for my level of typing skills.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 3 Oct, 2009 06:46 pm
@tsarstepan,
I have only been a bit bored the couple of times I tried

One horny little Hawaiian bugger wanted sex, the other was ok, but nothing of interest

Still, it's fun to try from time to time
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Fri 30 Sep, 2016 09:22 am
@tsarstepan,
tsarstepan wrote:

I just got off a half hour plus conversation with a globe traveling student. Born and grew up in Cape Town, now residing in the Netherlands, while she's a student in the UK. Wants to be a professor of Islamic studies/Middle East history and/or diplomat. Very Happy

I absolutely don't remember this conversation at all. What test can I use to make sure I have been replaced by an alien clone? Confused
0 Replies

newmoonnewmoon

Reply Fri 30 Jun, 2017 08:17 am
@tsarstepan,
People scare me.. I tried omegle once and once i thought i saw someone i immediately closed the app. Honest.

I originally tried omegle for converstaion. I enjoy a decent conversation. But the difference between here and omegle is, a camera is involved. I feel more relaxed conversing here on a2k versus omegle.
newmoonnewmoon

Reply Fri 30 Jun, 2017 08:21 am
@newmoonnewmoon,
I did not realize how old this converstaion was
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Has anyone tried Omegle?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 09:34:15