September Big Demon

dodgy

Reply Fri 18 Sep, 2009 01:39 am
Hi,

I have trawled through questions and answers up to page three, but didn't notice this question being asked. 100a parasitic creature, epizoan and epizoon both seem to relate to the question. Do you have a preference? Also just to double check, 116a, influential film director, arthur?

Once again thanks for previous help and in this case future help.

Dodgy
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 728 • Replies: 6
No top replies

Francis

Reply Fri 18 Sep, 2009 02:28 am
Epizoon.

Arthur Penn.
0 Replies

Dutchy

Reply Fri 18 Sep, 2009 03:14 am
@dodgy,
Hi dodgy.

Completing the October Demon presently but I can help you.
100a = EPIZOAN
116a = AUTEUR.

Good luck
dodgy

Reply Fri 18 Sep, 2009 05:21 pm
@Dutchy,
Hi,

Dutchy, thanks for the reply. Friday night is a couple of wines and listening and dancing to one of my favourite rock and roll bands at a local hotel so consequently no puzzling.

However I now have my own puzzle to sort out, what with two different answers to my questions, from yourself and Francis. I looked up epizoan and epizoon on Wikipedia and really couldn't find a difference. I am an inquisitive person and so would like to know why you have chosen epizoan rather than epizoon.

Thanks also for auteur.

Dodgy
Dutchy

Reply Fri 18 Sep, 2009 08:17 pm
@dodgy,
Hi dodge.

Hope you enjoyed your Friday night out.

Like you I understand both words, epizoon and epizoan, have the same meaning. I checked them at http://www.onelook.com. This being the case, Lovatts will always accept either words.

As far as the second question is concerned AUTEUR is the correct answer. This one has come up before.
Definition of 'auteur', a film director whose films are so distinctive that he or she is perceived as a film's creator.

Cheers Dutchy.
dodgy

Reply Fri 18 Sep, 2009 08:39 pm
@Dutchy,
Thanks Dutchy. No doubt I will be in communication again soon.
dodgy

Reply Sat 19 Sep, 2009 05:30 pm
@dodgy,
Still troubled with this clue. An epizoan is an epizoon and epizoon is the singular of episoa, plural of epizoon. Confusion reigns.
0 Replies