New Mouse not working...having to use tab button pain in the..

mismi

Reply Mon 17 Aug, 2009 10:33 am
I have a fairly new mouse - it's wireless. When I set it up the first time, it worked great. I just changed the batteries and did everything I did last time - now...it's not working. I can only seem to work this site with the tab buttons...which is convenient...But I want my mouse to work. Help...please
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 867 • Replies: 10
No top replies

Intrepid

Reply Mon 17 Aug, 2009 11:09 am
@mismi,
Did you press the connect button on the mouse?
engineer

Reply Mon 17 Aug, 2009 11:20 am
@Intrepid,
That's my guess as well. The mouse has lost sync with the receiver unit. There should be a button on the receiver and one on the mouse. Press the receiver one first, then the mouse one.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Mon 17 Aug, 2009 11:31 am
Might also slightly change the location of the receiver unit. There may be something blocking the signal. If that doesn't work, try rearranging the batteries. In my wireless mouse, I occassionally have to roll the batteries around before they seat properly and make a connection.
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Mon 17 Aug, 2009 11:41 am
I had this happen recently when my computer went down and I had to spend time on the phone with Sony being instructed on how to get the machin e reinstated to the status of a functioning computer. When done, everything was working properly except Logitech cordless mouse. I did everything I could think of, replaced batteries, changed location etc. etc. etc. Then something occurred to me (yes, I'm slow sometimes). There's a software disc that came with the mouse when I bought it. I had to reinstall the software all over again to make mouse functional. See, the thing is the computer hadn't given me a prompt to do so. That's what I would've expected but it didn't happen, so . . .
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Mon 17 Aug, 2009 11:44 am
@mismi,
i gave up on cordless mice, i like my corded optical mouse
mismi

Reply Mon 17 Aug, 2009 12:33 pm
@djjd62,
I have no clue what I did. I put the little hoojy madoojy thing back in and hit the reset button on the bottom of the mouse and low and behold it started working. What and where is the receiver?

Thanks guys. I am glad it's working - going around with the tab button is truly a pain.

I like being wireless didge...just don't understand the tecnnology. I really don't care until something happens. Then I wish I did. Don't want to take advantage of my computer geek fellow that helps me sometimes.
Merry Andrew

Reply Mon 17 Aug, 2009 01:15 pm
@mismi,
Ah yes. The reset button. I should'a thought of that, too.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Mon 17 Aug, 2009 01:25 pm
@mismi,
The receiver is what you plug into the USB port on the computer.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Mon 17 Aug, 2009 02:04 pm
@mismi,
Mine looks like this. The receiver is on a cord that plugs into the USB port and I can move the receiver anywhere around the desk for best communication with the mouse:

http://images.techtree.com/ttimages/story/70686_img01.jpg

Other styles are like this that just plug straight into the USB port:

http://img.alibaba.com/photo/11448410/Wireless_Optical_Mouse.jpg
mismi

Reply Tue 18 Aug, 2009 11:21 am
@Butrflynet,
Ahhhhh...yes...I have the thing (receiver I guess) that plugs into the USB port. Thanks Butrflynet, Intrepid, engineer, and Merry Andrew - and of course Didge for your input Wink. I learned something - that's always good.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » New Mouse not working...having to use tab button pain in the..
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/03/2024 at 03:01:21