How Do I add my wife to the tittle of my house?

Reply Thu 16 Jul, 2009 02:20 pm
What papers do I need to add my wife to the tittle of my house? and Where do I go do that?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 6 • Views: 2,540 • Replies: 7
No top replies

TTH

Reply Thu 16 Jul, 2009 02:44 pm
@paolamaldonado,
Do you have a mortgage on the property? I don't think you can just add a person to property that has an existing mortgage. If you own the property outright, then I would check with the local govt agency that records the title to get the necessary paperwork.

I don't know if states have different laws regarding your question. Wait and see if some of the other members of this site can answer your question more thoroughly.
Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 16 Jul, 2009 02:45 pm
depends... how big are your houses tittles?

crime of opportunity.. please accept my apologies...
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 16 Jul, 2009 02:53 pm
@paolamaldonado,
Decades ago, I was added to the title of my mother's California house as a joint tenant - I'm trying to remember how. I think it was fairly simple paperwork, and that it involved an attorney but not much cost. So, since I don't really remember the specifics, I'll wait with you to see what others with more recent experience will have to say.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Thu 16 Jul, 2009 02:57 pm
@TTH,
Quote:
I would check with the local govt agency that records the title to get the necessary paperwork.

I think it is normally the county that would do that. Look for the registrar of deeds and ask them the question.
0 Replies

sullyfish6

Reply Thu 16 Jul, 2009 04:29 pm
You can sign a quick claim deed over to her and keep it in a safe place. If you die, she files that and gets the house. If you divorce or change your mind, destroy the form. (she's probably going to get it anyway if you are married and you die - depending on where you live and if you have a will)
0 Replies

oolongteasup

Reply Thu 16 Jul, 2009 09:38 pm
@paolamaldonado,
When adding tittles one must dot all the I's and cross the Tease.
0 Replies

KiwiChic

Reply Thu 16 Jul, 2009 11:58 pm
LOL even I took a double look at the title.....

I would suggest a lawyer....he can access the house titles etc and liaise with the bank.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » How Do I add my wife to the tittle of my house?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/23/2024 at 09:43:49