anyone have info on....

Reply Tue 14 Jul, 2009 06:02 pm
Hey, does anyone have any info on what happened to the old Comeback Inn. I was the chef there back in the mid eighties any wwas curiuos as to its fate and the owner Will Rabbe. Great memories any some rough ones to. thanks Don Gray in nj, these days
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,215 • Replies: 4
No top replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 14 Jul, 2009 06:04 pm
@Don Gray,
We have a thread that involves the Comeback Inn. I'll give a link.

In the meantime, the title is Venice in the Seventies.
ossobuco

Reply Tue 14 Jul, 2009 06:06 pm
@ossobuco,
Here it is:
http://able2know.org/topic/39461-1

Looking forward to hearing more from you (I'm the one who started the thread).
Click on my name to see my profile, or other poster names to see theirs, though a lot of folks don't fill in profiles.
ossobuco

Reply Tue 14 Jul, 2009 06:14 pm
@ossobuco,
Oh, and meantime, welcome to a2k.
0 Replies

Kkswiss13

Reply Wed 19 May, 2021 08:04 am
@Don Gray,
Hi Don, I am the daughter of the original owner and good friend of Will's, Frank Kalapos. He owned the Comeback Inn in the 70's and sold it to Will who he knew and loved. I spent all my summers there as a kid and then 1 summer with Will working as a server 1984. I think George was the Chef then? From what I have read, all the Junk shops turned condos in the 90's and forced the closure via Noise Ordinance Complaints. Will fought them hard but lost in the end. I don't know where he is now. Sadly, my father passed in 1988. Such great memories there...
0 Replies