Setanta

Reply Thu 2 Jul, 2009 08:28 am
@Foxfyre,
Foxfyre wrote:
I have most of those who specialize in trying to make people feel like crap on ignore anyway because I frankly am not interested in participating in juvenile schoolyard type insults.

This is one of the most egregious examples of ironic hypocrisy on Fox's part that i have ever seen, and that's saying a lot.

Quote:
I do my damndest to not be unkind or cruelly critical or judgmental of others and am also uncomfortable when such is directed at other members.

This is a mere lie. One need only peruse her conservatism thread to see her slinging insults right and left every day. It seems that she thinks it doesn't count if she doesn't name names. Instead she will condemn (in her mind) someone such as Parados as a liberal, and then flog ten or twelve insults about liberals in the course of a few posts.

Hypocrisy, thy name is Foxfyre.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Thu 2 Jul, 2009 08:34 am
@wandeljw,
Apology accepted Wandel and thank you. I have never regarded you as one who enjoyed hurting people or who was hatefully intolerant of those different from themselves or who went out of his/her way to belittle or demean others. So while I can profoundly disagree with you, I can still respect you. I didn't have you on ignore. Wink

But if you only respond when there is common ground, how does one ever expand his/her perspective? I get frustrated at those who condemn the opinion of others or condemn others for their opinions, but who can never seem to find the words to defend their own point of view. I debate politics partly to prove to myself that I can defend my point of view and partly because I think sound policy and values to be critical to the health and well being of the nation.

My conservatism thread that seems to antagonize so many of you and prompted this thread was created in hope for some real conversations to happen. I keep hoping the numbnuts will get tired of trying to prevent that. Maybe some might even finally decide to join in.

But each to his/her own poison.

Foxfyre

Reply Thu 2 Jul, 2009 08:45 am
@Foxfyre,
And I fully appreciate those who don't enjoy politics, too, and I enjoy Letty's poetry, and Msolga's recipes, and Spendi's eclectic view of the world, and our A2K fantasy baseball league (though I'm getting beaten badly there) and many other areas of interest. I generally don't talk politics much in my private social circles so this, and a few other internet forums, offers me the opportunity to do that.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Thu 2 Jul, 2009 08:51 am
@wandeljw,
You're a gentleman, wandeljw. Smile
I have no idea of the thread & the exchange which cause the problem. For all I know I might have heartily disagreed with Foxfyre's arguments, too. It's just that I believe it's unfair to single out any individual like this. I'd suspect your motivation was frustration rather than malice. I've never perceived you as malicious or unkind, even. Quite the opposite.
Foxfyre

Reply Thu 2 Jul, 2009 10:02 am
@msolga,
No, I don't think Wandel was frustrated. He was joining in with with the pack taking personal jabs at me, and I suggested he continue that on his own thread instead of disrupting the intended discussion on mine. You probably would have heartily disagreed with my arguments too, but you wouldn't have been hurtful or hateful in the process. And your point of view would be (and is) appreciated and welcome.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Thu 2 Jul, 2009 02:29 pm
@msolga,
Quote:
making the person under discussion feel like crap.

That's the idea Olga. Some of us get quite bored with polite chit-chat. I don't think anybody does it to those they feel can't take it so it's a compliment in a way.
Diest TKO

Reply Thu 2 Jul, 2009 02:47 pm
It would not be either unfair or dishonest to say that Foxfyre singles herself out.

It is a part of her language. People are "taking jabs at HER." She attempts in her speech to posture as a victim of some sort when her conduct is arguably far more vile and inconsiderate to other posters here. Where is the sympathy for those she disrespects daily?

I can understand why Wandel doesn't want any part of it. It seems petty to single someone out and call them on their behavior when the same attention is not given to other members. He started a thread, but it was at the request (even if in jest) by Fox. Something is to be said about getting what you ask for.

Perhaps another thing to be said about the interest in the topic. Foxfyre's exists in many conflicts with posters on A2K. It would be inaccurate to say that those conflicts are all on matters of opinion and not on her conduct. If this was simply about her ideas it probably wouldn't be an issue.

T
K
O
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Thu 2 Jul, 2009 02:54 pm
@spendius,
Well you would be wrong about that Spendi. Not everybody can take it. Not everybody thinks it is fun or funny or complimentary. Which is why so many really neat people have left us. Why so many really neat people have chosen not to join us. And when I again think my own presence attracts too much hateful attention so that others aren't able to enjoy the discussions either--something that more than one member has explicitly expressed recently--then I will not be here either.
Diest TKO

Reply Thu 2 Jul, 2009 03:06 pm
@Foxfyre,
Foxfyre wrote:
And when I again think my own presence attracts too much hateful attention so that others aren't able to enjoy the discussions either--something that more than one member has explicitly expressed recently--then I will not be here either.

T
K
O
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Thu 2 Jul, 2009 03:27 pm
@msolga,
Quote:
You're a gentleman, wandeljw.

He's a very, very nice man is our wande. He wouldn't make a cutting response to anyone.

He has a pack of dogs to do it for him. Every time he posts on the Evo threads he sets them loose.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Thu 2 Jul, 2009 06:00 pm
@Foxfyre,
Quote:
Well you would be wrong about that Spendi. Not everybody can take it. Not everybody thinks it is fun or funny or complimentary. Which is why so many really neat people have left us. Why so many really neat people have chosen not to join us. And when I again think my own presence attracts too much hateful attention so that others aren't able to enjoy the discussions either--something that more than one member has explicitly expressed recently--then I will not be here either.

I can hardly believe that you wrote that Foxy. It's an agenda for infantilism.

And you really didn't ought to connect up the assertion "neat" with the lowest common denominator on an international debate forum.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Thu 2 Jul, 2009 07:15 pm
@msolga,
Quote:
It's just that I believe it's unfair to single out any individual like this.

Afterthought: amendment to "any individual".. after a good night's sleep & a bit more thought.. Wink

I'd exclude obvious trolls from my definition "any" individuals worthy of fair treatment. I mean those whose sole purpose is to disrupt & frustrate (generally political) discussion & debate, by any means ... often by thoroughly unpleasant means, including personal abuse of those whose views they disagree with. You know who they are. I reckon if trolls treat the site & the A2K community with such a total lack of respect, then then they've set themselves up as fair game.

0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 09:49:11