I'm'a Jew how 'bout you?

Chumly

Reply Sat 27 Jun, 2009 02:31 pm
Well...at least as far as my ethnic organ is concerned; no religious affiliations or beliefs however.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 4 • Views: 690 • Replies: 16
No top replies

mags314772

Reply Sat 27 Jun, 2009 03:05 pm
@Chumly,
your ethnic "organ"?
0 Replies

Sglass

Reply Sat 27 Jun, 2009 03:08 pm
My organ is from Steinway.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Sat 27 Jun, 2009 03:23 pm
Mine have been with me all my life, didn't have to buy 'em at no store.
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Sat 27 Jun, 2009 03:43 pm
Intentional puns abreast...er...aside, I ask that you please don't get testes...er...testy.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sat 27 Jun, 2009 03:51 pm
I am not Jewish but I do on occasion walk with them.
chai2

Reply Sat 27 Jun, 2009 03:53 pm
@gustavratzenhofer,
gustavratzenhofer wrote:

I am not Jewish but I do on occasion walk with them.

Oh gus, thank God you're here.

I thought you had suffered cardiac arrest.
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Sat 27 Jun, 2009 04:00 pm
@gustavratzenhofer,
My first wife was a full-blooded German girl, somewhat to the chagrin of my father.
0 Replies

George

Reply Sat 27 Jun, 2009 04:02 pm
I'm a goy.
raprap

Reply Sat 27 Jun, 2009 04:41 pm
I come from an area that has a lot of Amish area and amongst the Amish if you're not Amish you're considered a 'gentile'.' A friend of Jewish descent who moved to the area when told that the Amish considered him a gentile remarked "Finally!"

Second story

Where I live now has a neighborhood of orthodox Jews that tend to wear black (men black suits and hat women black frocks and scarves). In the grocery store last week I was standing behind an elderly man in his suit and black broadbrimmed hat that was quite similat to the ones worn by the Amish. As we were standing in a rather long line we staqrted conversing and I told him of my former experience and the similarities of the hats, but then I added that I could see he was not Amish because of his mustasch---so he must also be a gentile . Ho too laughed, good to see that religion does not quash humor .

Mr I was reaised as a Unitarian Universalist--The nearest thing to a Unitarian dogma is one God at most.

Quote:
the true test od any religion is the jokes it tells on itself-G.K. Chesterton

Rap
mags314772

Reply Sat 27 Jun, 2009 05:24 pm
@raprap,
I am married to a cultural Jew...one who doesn't observe in any way...his mother is in her 90s and goes to shul every Saturday. When we go to visit her, I accompan her to shul. nobody seems to mind this big ol gentile in the midst of the congregation, I was raised 'catholic but am now Unitarian Universalist, which is much closer to Judaism.
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Sat 27 Jun, 2009 06:22 pm
When I was young I was pushed into Peretz School, to add to the weirdness my kindergarten was manned by Christians pushing their dogma, I did not think much of either of 'em.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sat 27 Jun, 2009 07:57 pm
@George,
I once worked for a jewish family as the house goy.
Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sat 27 Jun, 2009 07:57 pm
@Bi-Polar Bear,
My real name is Bi-Polar Baer.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 29 Jun, 2009 01:45 pm
@George,
I'm a guy; have walked with, worked with, and played with Jews. Even visited Israel a few years ago, and put my hand on the West Wall above (with a paper cap) and below ground level. Got reprimanded by a Jew for taking a picture of the West Wall on Shabbat.
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Wed 1 Jul, 2009 08:53 am
Talking 'bout Jewish humor, try though I might, my wife just does not get much of it. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jewish_humor
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 1 Jul, 2009 01:22 pm
@Chumly,
Chumley, One of my favorite was Groucho. He had a quick wit, and I probably got more laughs out of him than any other comedian. Loved his schetky movies too! I really miss the guy.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » I'm'a Jew how 'bout you?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 05:54:06