What critters have you run over?

BorisKitten

Reply Sat 23 May, 2009 02:48 pm
Oh, and aroun' here, folks (in pick-up trucks) pull over when a deer is accidentally run over, asking, "Hey, you need that deer? I got me a real good recipe for Venison stew."

Gross!
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Sun 24 May, 2009 07:13 am
Every few years, I will accidentally hit an animal while driving, because I simply don't have time to react. Once, about 20 years ago, I ran over a family of ducks crossing the road. I steer away from them when there is time to react, but sometimes there isn't. When this happens, it bothers me greatly, and, as you can see, I still remember incidents that happened long ago.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sun 24 May, 2009 07:51 am
On Christmas Eve a few years ago I ran over a beautiful miniature collie that ran in front of my car. I went door to door for 90 minutes until I found the owners and it turned out it was half of a matched sibling pair and the beloved pet of some children. I actually cried about it for awhile. the people whose dog I had killed ended up patting me on the back to comfort me....how fucked up is that?
To this day, every time I think about it I realize that those children...well into their adulthood, will associate Christmas Eve with the night their pet got squashed...and I mean squashed...in the road and I feel like ****. . About the only soft spot I have in my black heart is for children and their feelings.

Was this supposed to be a serious topic?
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Fri 29 May, 2009 07:47 am
@gustavratzenhofer,
In Texas in the early days of cars, particularly since there was no such thing as car AC at the time and considering how hot Texas gets in summer, cars were almost all open and fenders hadn't really been perfected.

That meant that at least one out of every three or four snakes you ever ran over was getting tossed into the car and you got to guess whether or not it was still alive and whether or not it was poisonous.
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Fri 29 May, 2009 08:02 am
this is commonally refered to as a roo bar, sometimes bullbar, its purpous is to limit damage to your vehical when a roo suicides.
http://memimage.cardomain.com/ride_images/1/1530/1161/3823080025_large.jpg
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Fri 29 May, 2009 09:50 am
Haven't run over any critter, per se, but I once had no choice but to punch a smartass chipmunk in the face.
0 Replies