Well Andy, you finally emerged from all the (virgin) Mai Tais and hula luau's
to get back on track with us. Great report and I am looking forward to hearing
more of it.
0 Replies

margo

Reply Mon 25 May, 2009 02:05 am
@Merry Andrew,
Quote:
Seaglass is fine but seems to be muttering under her breath more and more. Is that normal?

She's been seeing you more and more, yes?!

Seems normal in her situation! Twisted Evil Razz

Have fun! Bit warmer than Bahstin, is it?
Merry Andrew

Reply Mon 25 May, 2009 12:42 pm
@margo,
Quote:
Have fun! Bit warmer than Bahstin, is it?

A tad. But up here at the 4,000-foot level the mornings and evenings are quite crisp. And from I see on the weather maps Bahstin has been unseasonably warm lately.
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Mon 22 Jun, 2009 08:19 pm
For those few of you who may be interested in the volcano which is no more than two miles (less as the crow flies) from my front door, you might take a look at this site: http://hvo.wr.usgs.gov. The site gives day-by-day updates of the current volcanic activity at both Mount Kilauea and Mauna Loa. Both are active volcanoes and Kilauea is often referred to as the most active volcano on earth. There has been no time since the first humans sighted the mountain about maybe 2,000 years ago that it has not been active. There is a constant lava flow into the ocean from one vent or another. These vents and flows aren't always close to where you might go and see them, except by overflight, but they shift sufficiently from time to time to make a trek on foot late at night, armed with flahlight, worthwhile. About 10 years ago the flow was close enough to the end of the highway which leads to Kalipana (can't remember the route number now) that one could walk less a mile into the old lava field and watch the bright red molten rock come cascading down the mountainside and into the ocean where it sent up billowing clouds of steam. An hour or two after dark, viewed from a vantage point no more than couple of hundred yards away, it is one of the most fantastic sights I've witnessed in my life. In fact, take out "one of the" in the preceding sentence.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 08/31/2024 at 06:30:25