Oh love where is thy kiss

Reply Fri 3 Oct, 2003 02:59 pm
Oh love where is thy kiss

Dreams of happiness are what life should be made from.
There is no point going down the yellow brick road if the rainbow is a sodding mirage, when it is in fact a devouring black hole, which sometimes is also called a mass grave, exposing flesh, blood & bones to all the world.
It is a bottomless pit devised in the evil minds of many people under the name of retribution but in reality is simply ethnic cleansing, when guns, planes & other death dealing implements are brought out of cold storage & produce the stench of death on every continent & drawers in many unwilling nations
who can neither cover the costs of lives, extra food or homes for miserable & desperate transients.
Then we have within our societies individual purveyors of evil, where it is open season on all of us. Another case of a sniper, kidnapper, rapist, who seems to think we are ready, willing & able to be his or her playmate in some sordid passion.
We perhaps think we are somehow protected living in relatively free & democratic countries. Wrong. If we admit it to ourselves, not one of us is fireproof. Look back thru the newspapers of the past year & read the reports of the man made disasters there has been, be they big or small, suffering is close at hand. There but for the grace of God go I.
Every time I open a newspaper or a news web site, turn on the TV or radio, I am weighed down by a plethora of items & reports about abuse, violence & the killing of people & animals, all of which is carried out in unceasing waves of barbarism.
There is & always has been a malignant core of those people in every society who seem to glory in bringing suffering to others.
It was perpetrated within the minds of the Romans, right on up to the modern day Terrorists, along with the trashed minds of some members of joe public.
Another person's life is deemed worthless & can be wasted at the drop of a hat. Their death at least has news value & perhaps in some sordid minds, entertainment value as well.
I am sick & tired of reading about hatred & evil, seeing video footage of the aftermath of such acts. It makes me sick to the stomach & mangles my intelligence.
Unfortunately I can't stop the violence & cruelty happening. In some countries, if I dared to say torture is wrong, I would probably be shot.
Tony Blair & George Bush would have us believe they are protecting us from a fate worse than death & that they have made the world a safer place for us and many other people.
Bollox. It's all about money, oil & power & screw the fallout.
People, military & civilian & their welfare, are the smoke & mirrors & are thus expendable. The invisible shield of self-glorification, behind which these cowards & liars that rule & dictate our lives will constantly hide until it's election time.

I want a veritable oasis of rainbows for every person & animal on this planet, not a black hole of fear & trepidation. Idealistic ? Of course, but I can dream
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 473 • Replies: 3
No top replies

Eva

Reply Fri 3 Oct, 2003 03:41 pm
We love you, oak.

I think your reaction to the news is very healthy. So many times we become anesthetized from listening to so many horror stories. We get to the point where it doesn't bother us anymore. And that is wrong, wrong, wrong!

A few years ago I realized I had become numb from listening to so much of it. There I was, sitting on the sofa watching the news, and my young son came through the room. He was horrified by something he saw on the screen. I don't even remember what it was, but it hadn't affected me. That's when I realized I needed to reeducate my heart. I needed to see things clearly again. So I stopped watching & reading the news entirely for about a year. Then, when I began again, I did so a little at a time. I still have to watch myself.
0 Replies

oldandknew

Reply Fri 3 Oct, 2003 04:44 pm
Eva --- I've taken a similar line to you. I used to read newspapers quite avidly & follow Tv news but now I it simply sickens me. I was talking with our window cleaner about how people carry this violence inside them and dispence it on other people. We came to the conclusion it grows with them out of childhood via the influence of the parents. For many children, the TV & PC are superb babysitters and some parents don't seem to bother what seeps into the childrens brains.
That your son was able to see the horror & know it was bad shows he has been well taught. It does us a lot of good to just step back and reavaluate what is going on around us.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Fri 3 Oct, 2003 06:52 pm
oak, John. In spite of everything, I still believe that within the culture of our minds, there are those who see what you see...what we see..what children see. The child is father of the Man? Often children see more than we do........................................................................................

We are all too busy denying it...

Eva, you have a task before you that I do not envy, but one that I would glady share with you if I could. As much as I love music, I have discovered that no one has a right to sing the blues.

Within the conversations of our mind,
There comes a shallow pond of sweet incline.
The tasting, feeling, seeing of the past,
The beautiful assurance that love lasts.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Oh love where is thy kiss
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/14/2024 at 03:36:47