The 1920s social studdies question?

Reply Wed 29 Apr, 2009 08:55 am
Chose two events that occurred between the first world war and the stock market crash of 1929 and explain why they were important for each event. Explain when it happened and what was the importance of each event. Explain how it changed the life of people living during this period
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,648 • Replies: 6
No top replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 29 Apr, 2009 09:22 am
Homework sucks, eh?

If you're gonna do this sort of thing, and expect it to succeed, you'll need to learn to disguise the otherwise very obvious homework nature of the thing.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Wed 29 Apr, 2009 09:25 am
Jan. 5, 1920 - The Boston Red Sox sell Babe Ruth to the New York Yankees. This would begin the "Curse of the Bambino" and would have dramatic effects on the market through people in Boston being so depressed by the loss of the Babe. The economic turmoil resulting would lead to the eventual crash of the stock market.

January 28, 1922 - American Pro Football Association renamed "National Football League" which led to much grumbling amongst the underworld of bookies and gamblers. The results of which would lead many people to invest heavily in failed corporations that lead to the crash on Wall St.
Setanta

Reply Wed 29 Apr, 2009 10:57 am
First class work, McG . . .
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Wed 29 Apr, 2009 11:13 am
Hey, I remember having homework and would have certainly appreciated such help when I was a young man. We didn't have the internet to help us, so why not use the full force of this new technology to lend a helping hand.

Of course I left out some details, but my answer should at least get the young student on the correct track.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 29 Apr, 2009 11:29 am
@McGentrix,
Right. I remember the beginning of smoking bans in federal buildings. A week later, Paul Volker tucked his box of big, black, smelly cigars under his arm, and walked off the job. A week after that, the stock market crashed.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Thu 30 Apr, 2009 06:43 am
@McGentrix,
thanks for the chortle McG Laughing
0 Replies