Bridesmaid gifts!

Mon 20 Apr, 2009 03:13 pm
Hi! I am getting married in a few months and am on a tight budget now that almost everything is done. I have a significant amount of bridesmaids..9, and i really want to get them all a nice gift but i have zero ideas..help!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 5 • Views: 1,140 • Replies: 12
Topic Closed
No top replies

ehBeth

Mon 20 Apr, 2009 04:50 pm
@carriegirl1,
Did you pay for those dresses/shoes etc? If not, that's a good start, along with some tasteful jewelry. Even freshwater pearl bracelets can be nice. They're simple, tasteful and not too expensive.
carriegirl1

Mon 20 Apr, 2009 05:59 pm
@ehBeth,
i like the pearl bracelet ideas. How much would you say is not to expensvie? And as far as the dresses and shoes..i couldn't afford that because they are all being made to have long sleeves and high necks and they are very pricey, but i like the pearl idea.
ehBeth

Mon 20 Apr, 2009 06:10 pm
@carriegirl1,
Here is one website with a variety of offerings.

Edit [Moderator]: Link removed

I know that locally (Toronto), I can definitely find freshwater pearl bracelets starting at about $20 each. The nicer ones are between $35 and $50. If you're not paying for your attendants clothing, I'd suggest going for a slightly higher-end gift, i.e. the $35 - $50 bracelet v the $20 version.

http://www.orientalpearls.net//uploads/product/110/110_ZBRA0010.jpg $20

http://www.orientalpearls.net//uploads/product/110/110_316-ZBRA0019_1.jpg $50

I think the difference is noticeable and worth it, especially if they're paying for their own dresses/shoes.
carriegirl1

Mon 20 Apr, 2009 06:12 pm
@ehBeth,
yea those are beautiful you can definitely tell which cost more. Im going to look into it thanks a ton i love them!
CalamityJane

Mon 20 Apr, 2009 06:15 pm
@carriegirl1,
carriegirl1 wrote:

i like the pearl bracelet ideas. How much would you say is not to expensvie? And as far as the dresses and shoes..i couldn't afford that because they are all being made to have long sleeves and high necks and they are very pricey, but i like the pearl idea.

Forgive me for asking, but your bridesmaids have to pay for the very pricey
gowns you've chosen for them, and you are looking for a cheap gift idea for them?

Why have 9 bridesmaids if you cannot afford it?
carriegirl1

Mon 20 Apr, 2009 06:19 pm
@CalamityJane,
Almost half of the bridesmaids are siblings so my parents are paying for those, and the rest..thats just how we do it. My friends and i pretty much have 2 weddings a month so when we get dresses made we wear them to a bunch of weddings, i know of 2 weddings this summer that most of my friends are going to be wearing the dresses originally for mine too. And i got them and all of my friends gifts for throwing me a shower, but i wanted something special just for being my bridesmaids. Noone by us pays for the dresses for everyone because we have huge weddings and its just too much money. I can see though how my first post made me seem a lot cheaper than i actually am!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Mon 20 Apr, 2009 06:28 pm
@carriegirl1,
Given the number you would be buying, you might even qualify for a volume discount. Seriously.

for example ... click here to follow the link

a former colleague sells pearls now (I'd forgotten all about her until after I posted about the bracelets)

http://www.princesspearl.net/pearl_images/Bracelets/Freshwater/FB101070.jpg

this retails for $60 u.s., but if you suggested you were buying 10 or 12 (one for mom and mother-in-law?) you might get a further discount. I'd certainly give it a try. It wouldn't work at a chain store, but you might have success at an owner-run company.

0 Replies

carriegirl1

Mon 20 Apr, 2009 06:31 pm
thats a great idea. Im at work still:( but when i get home ill get on top of it, thanks!
ehBeth

Mon 20 Apr, 2009 06:36 pm
@carriegirl1,
Well, I'll say thanks to you too - as I'm going to get back in touch with my former colleague Very Happy I'd sort of forgotten that I'd be able to find her through the internet.

carriegirl1

Mon 20 Apr, 2009 07:55 pm
@ehBeth,
good! im glad that i can help out a , newly made, friend!

(still here at work dreading the rainy drive home)!
ehBeth

Mon 20 Apr, 2009 07:58 pm
@carriegirl1,
Drive very safely getting home.

I have a 50 kilometre commute, and it was no fun in the rain this afternoon. Worst of all, it was very windy in the elevated areas. I had to really hang onto my steering wheel to stay in my lane.
0 Replies

mismi

Mon 20 Apr, 2009 08:15 pm
I got my Bridesmaids sterling silver charm bracelets and bought them a charm to go on it. I attached the charm to a ribbon with a little card that had their name and showed where they sat at our Bridesmaids tea. Each card had what I appreciated my friend for and why I picked that charm.

The great thing about it is that is what I buy them for their birthday each year - a charm to go on their bracelet and it coincides with whatever is happening in their life at the time.

Here is a website that you can buy the sterling silver ones for quite a good price:
http://www.charmcountry.com/charmbracelets.htm

Good Luck!
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Bridesmaid gifts!
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/20/2024 at 05:43:09