Tai Chi

Reply Mon 13 Apr, 2009 02:44 pm
@chai2,
Well, okay, I won't call him an actor...but he's not Tom Petty either! (Sheesh!)
chai2

Reply Mon 13 Apr, 2009 03:01 pm
@Tai Chi,
Tai Chi wrote:

Well, okay, I won't call him an actor...but he's not Tom Petty either! (Sheesh!)

I don't know what you're talking about.

hey, are those gravy-less mashed potatoes I see there nanuck?
ehBeth

Reply Mon 13 Apr, 2009 03:34 pm
@chai2,
Taters!
0 Replies

Tai Chi

Reply Mon 13 Apr, 2009 04:00 pm
@chai2,
Aw c'mon, Chai, you've met me. Am I really plain old mashed taters with NO GRAVY? I mean, we've got POUTINE!

http://www.google.ca/images?q=tbn:BIlHT0BgOX472M::iusedtohavehair.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/plate_poutine_1.jpg
And it's got CHEESE CURDS!

<Tai Chi, a little fragile today, runs sobbing from the forum>
chai2

Reply Mon 13 Apr, 2009 05:00 pm
@Tai Chi,
aw...

c'mon back tai chi.

I don't want to be a jerk like billie bob, although I will say that poutine looks alarming.
Tai Chi

Reply Mon 13 Apr, 2009 05:49 pm
@chai2,
chai2 wrote:

aw...

c'mon back tai chi.

I don't want to be a jerk like billie bob, although I will say that poutine looks alarming.

<sniff>

It's our Canuck secret weapon. We lure y'all in with the gravy, then harden your arteries with the cheese curds.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 16 Apr, 2009 10:53 am
Jian Ghomeshi, who conducted the interview, is a uniformly courteous host as well as being intelligent and possessed of a good sense of humor, and when BB Dipshit told him "you were instructed," he immediately denied it, and then Dipshit told him, "Well, you're producer was instructed, then." I got the definite impression that the producer hadn't bothered Jian with that ****, and that he was genuinely surprised by the puerile reaction. I heard the interview live, but did not see it. BB Dipshit sounded like a morose teenager, and i got the distinct impression that he was doing exactly what successful Hollywood types always do, and that was to attempt to control everything that was going on. He came off looking like an ass, i and suspect that is no less than he deserves. He may have thought that no one should mention his acting career, but he was certainly behaving the way spoiled actors legendarily behave.
chai2

Reply Thu 16 Apr, 2009 11:28 am
@Setanta,
That's another thing that got me set. Like no one is ever to say the word "actor" in his presence. Without listening to the whole thing again, BB said something to the effect of "Well, I made a pretty good living off of acting for a few years"

Well, yeah, I'd dare say more than you'll ever make off your musical career. I doubt his name would have been as well known if he had only done the music thing.

He said he fell into acting by accident. I think I remember the first thing he was in. If I'm not mistaken, it was some western where he played a small part. He was quite chubby then.

It was like he was ashamed of that part of his life.
Setanta

Reply Thu 16 Apr, 2009 04:25 pm
@chai2,
Quote:
I doubt his name would have been as well known if he had only done the music thing.

I suspect that he wouldn't have been doing the Willie Nelson tour if it had not been for his existing name recognition.
0 Replies