Why aren't people using the new dollar coin?

dadpad

Reply Fri 20 Nov, 2009 12:03 am
In Aust there is no coin smaller than 5 cents. each rise in value increases the coin size.
All our notes are Polymer bank notes. they make fantastic shrinydinks. Put em in the oven for 10 mins at 180C
In addition polymer bank note technology is contributing to the development of a new flexible solar cell.
Ionus

Reply Fri 20 Nov, 2009 01:54 am
@dadpad,
Quote:
... each rise in value increases the coin size.
No they dont. Pack your bags. You are being exported.
dadpad

Reply Fri 20 Nov, 2009 02:12 am
@Ionus,
Ionus wrote:

Quote:
... each rise in value increases the coin size.
No they dont. Pack your bags. You are being exported.

all right, Yes I'm an idiot. (what WAS i thinking). <makes L shape on forehead>
The interesting thing is that youre the only one who didnt know.
You can export me on a customs boat.
to all others please ignore my post above. I havnt got a clue.
In my defense i shall say I am poor and dont get to see much real money.
Ionus

Reply Fri 20 Nov, 2009 02:25 am
@dadpad,
Quote:
You can export me on a customs boat.
to all others please ignore my post above. ...In my defense i shall say I am poor and dont get to see much real money.
For those wondering why we are being so hard on whatshisface, it is because the coins go up in size to 50 cents then go back down in size to 2 dollars. Rich folks like me who have seen two dollars object to those who pretend to have seen one. By the way, they are all colour coded for the deaf. Also the edges have different serrations on them so the blind can tell if some scum bag like me is ripping them orf. Lousy government.

Customs boat ? And have you paid a small fortune to get orf the bloody thing ? Not likely mate.....
roger

Reply Fri 20 Nov, 2009 02:42 am
@Ionus,
Ionus wrote:

For those wondering why we are being so hard on whatshisface, it is because the coins go up in size to 50 cents then go back down in size to 2 dollars.

Swell. I wasn't really ready for something sensible tonight.
0 Replies

Robert Wayne

Reply Sat 4 Jun, 2011 12:26 pm
@maporsche,
You atheists get more and more hate filled and stupid by the day. I don't know whether to laugh at you or just shake my head in disbelief.
roger

Reply Sat 4 Jun, 2011 01:39 pm
@Robert Wayne,
Huh?
tsarstepan

Reply Sat 4 Jun, 2011 01:43 pm
@roger,
He registered at a2k just to troll maporsche's in god we trust 2 year old comment.
roger

Reply Sat 4 Jun, 2011 01:55 pm
@tsarstepan,
How interesting. Probably wouldn't take too much time, but do you wonder about spending your life tracking down negative comments about "in god we trust" ?

To the main question, though; if I had a new dollar, I would use the Heck out of it. Meaning, I would spend it right now.
tsarstepan

Reply Sat 4 Jun, 2011 01:59 pm
@roger,
4 of these coins would buy a pint of ice cream and some change.
roger

Reply Sat 4 Jun, 2011 02:23 pm
@tsarstepan,
You got more highly refined tastes than I. I would expect a gallon and change.
Ionus

Reply Sat 4 Jun, 2011 06:22 pm
@roger,
I could buy 5 gallons of wine and no change .
roger

Reply Sat 4 Jun, 2011 06:48 pm
@Ionus,
How much do you get for bringing back the bottle - or does it come in a box.
Ionus

Reply Sat 4 Jun, 2011 06:51 pm
@roger,
Plastic bags...no refunds .
roger

Reply Sat 4 Jun, 2011 08:41 pm
@Ionus,
Excellent! I took the box apart and sure enough, big plastic bag with a little plastic valve. I was wondering how they did that.
Ionus

Reply Sun 5 Jun, 2011 07:00 am
@roger,
No no...just freezer bags with a rubber band...none of that flash stuff for me....just adds to the cost....once you get used to the smell of formaldehyde (a necessary additive they tell me, to keep cost down) it has quite a pleasant bouquet, similar to being drawn through a sock unwashed for three months in summer.... and obviously grown on the south side of the hill and carefully aged for three minutes in plastic buckets .
0 Replies