how do you make a homemade heater

Reply Tue 24 Feb, 2009 01:34 am
ok so i know that if you get one from like walmart it has a coil.
But how whold i make a coil and the rods to heat with ?
Even then can i even make them?if not what can i use at home to make me a good heater and save me some cash?whold i mabey use a hair dryer some how ? but whold it get to hot
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 818 • Replies: 5
No top replies

jespah

Reply Tue 24 Feb, 2009 05:16 am
Okay, cost of heater (less than $100) versus cost of house that burns down and all of its contents because you made something that didn't pass the electrical code.

Know what I'm sayin'?
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Tue 24 Feb, 2009 07:45 pm
@juggalookkooko,
A kotatsu is a great idea. You could easily live in a much cooler environment and heat only what's necessary.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kotatsu

Here's a link that tells how to make one.

http://ask.metafilter.com/31368/making-a-kotatsu

You could use a hair dryer if you wire in a thermostat which will control the temperature under the futon/quilt. You also have to be careful that you never leave the futon on when you're not using it, ie. when your legs are not under the futon/quilt.

With due care, and I must emphasize due care, they are safe and nice and warm. Why heat a whole room to keep a body warm.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 24 Feb, 2009 09:11 pm
I have little 20 dollar heaters that are awesome, safe and good for small spaces - like a single room.
JTT

Reply Tue 24 Feb, 2009 09:28 pm
@littlek,
Are they ceramic heaters, LittleK?
littlek

Reply Tue 24 Feb, 2009 10:55 pm
@JTT,
They're electric coil heaters. They are suposed to shut off automatically if they over-heat / tip over. I don't run them unattended anyway.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » how do you make a homemade heater
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/18/2024 at 09:21:08