What does death mean to you?

Nancy-d

Reply Fri 20 Feb, 2009 03:16 pm
As I am facing a situation where a long time friend is dying, I have been faced with asking many questions on what death means to me. If it is the end of life, do you think that there is really a heaven and that person will go to heaven, or is it just a finality of a life?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 4 • Views: 496 • Replies: 6
No top replies

kuvasz

Reply Fri 20 Feb, 2009 03:41 pm
oblivion of personality.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Fri 20 Feb, 2009 04:03 pm
@Nancy-d,
I don't know what to expect on the 'other side' but I believe with all my heart that there is one. I am willing to wait to have that revealed. For now I think of it as simply stepping from one life into the next and I have no reason to believe that I won't still be me.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 20 Feb, 2009 04:11 pm
@Nancy-d,
I believe that when we die, we cease to exist as human beings. Our bodily remains may become part of the earth, as no energy is ever lost. Our condition, as far as we are concerned personally, is similar to before we were conceived.
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Fri 20 Feb, 2009 04:17 pm
@Nancy-d,
You mean, what does my own death mean to me? If that's the question, my answer is that that it means nothing to me. I won't be there when it is, it won't be there as long as I am. I can get very worried about the pain, suffering, and incompetence that might strike me in the process of dying. But not about my death itself. It literally means nothing to me.
0 Replies

Gelisgesti

Reply Sat 21 Feb, 2009 12:17 pm
http://www.snopes.com/religion/soulweight.asp
The jury is still out on this one but if true ..... ???
aidan

Reply Sat 21 Feb, 2009 12:53 pm
@Gelisgesti,
Death? I don't like it. I think the whole plan stinks- so much so that I believe there's something about it I'm not understanding and I look forward to finding out what that is.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » What does death mean to you?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/16/2024 at 11:39:23