Setanta

Reply Tue 17 Feb, 2009 10:21 am
I have noted an unfortunate habit on the part of many of our members to use the definite article "teh" when in fact, the article they want is "the" (definitely!). As anyone with a lick of sense and a thorough grounding in English grammar knows, "teh" is only used in sentences requiring the conditional anterior pluperfect. This is supposed to be a knowledge site--there is nothing more appalling to the sensitive ear than to here such grammatical stumble-bums assailing what is ostensibly their native language in such a cavalier manner.

Your thoughts, goys and birls.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 3 • Views: 607 • Replies: 13
No top replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Tue 17 Feb, 2009 10:23 am
@Setanta,
Set, I think you need to take a daily nap.

BBB Wink
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 17 Feb, 2009 10:24 am
A daily nip ? ! ? ! ?

Spiritous liquors never pass my lips . . . get thee behind me, woman ! ! !
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Tue 17 Feb, 2009 10:25 am
@Setanta,
I love this "anterial pluperfect". I had to look it up. Unfortunately, it seems to be used more precisely in French than in English. And since I know very little French it seems that I will rarely get to use it...

typos suck
Setanta

Reply Tue 17 Feb, 2009 10:28 am
@mismi,
Je n'ai aucune idée ce que c'est que vous voulez dire . . . les grammaires s'équivautent . . .
DrewDad

Reply Tue 17 Feb, 2009 10:30 am
I only us it when teh kittehs is typing.
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Tue 17 Feb, 2009 10:46 am
@Setanta,
Dois-je pas de bon sens?

Normally I do not...but I got lucky this time...well in my own opinion - and that's what counts, right?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 17 Feb, 2009 10:50 am
You betcha . . .

Guy lands at Logan Airport and hails a cab, telling the cabby to take him to a certain hotel in the heart of Boston.

Sitting back he smiles and says: Man, it's been years since i was in Boston, i really love the seafood. Say . . . do you know where i can get scrod?

The cabby says: Well, i'll be damned . . . the pluperfect!
0 Replies

roger

Reply Tue 17 Feb, 2009 01:23 pm
@Setanta,
I mostly use teh as the present intuitive. Sometimes I cahnge my mind before posting.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 17 Feb, 2009 01:24 pm
Dyslexics of the world untie, Roger . . .
Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 17 Feb, 2009 01:27 pm
@Setanta,
speaking of circle jerks...dog almighty tes....
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 17 Feb, 2009 01:36 pm
This one was a satire of a jerk-off who's been trying to lure me into an argument . . . i saw that thread resurrected again today (i never read his posts any longer) so, i thought a good pardody was in order. Of course, to be good, it has to be bad, and the gooder, the badder and the badder the betterer.

Then Mame started her thread, and then yer little woman, and then you, and then me again . . . we need some fresh blood in this circle jerk . . .
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 17 Feb, 2009 01:45 pm
or frsh somethin'
dlowan

Reply Tue 17 Feb, 2009 03:36 pm
@Bi-Polar Bear,
"Frsh"?

You from New Zillun?

I thught only Craven used "teh"?
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » A DEPLORABLE PROPENSITY
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 09/30/2024 at 11:21:12