If you could be president for a day, what would you do that would positively effect others?

Reply Sat 14 Feb, 2009 03:01 pm
Think about this question hard, and be realistic. If you were seriously president for a day, what would you do that would benefit the rest of the world. You can use some what of a creative mind for this, but keep it somewhat realistic. Don't say I will create world peace, give me details about how you would go about it.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 4 • Views: 2,147 • Replies: 7
No top replies

Robert Gentel

Reply Sat 14 Feb, 2009 03:17 pm
@ericacunico,
I don't think anything significant can be done in one day. But if it's just one action item you are looking for I think the best thing that can happen to America and the world would be to reduce defense spending by over 50%.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Sat 14 Feb, 2009 06:11 pm
@ericacunico,
End the "war on drugs".
spendius

Reply Sat 14 Feb, 2009 06:50 pm
@gungasnake,
What about setting Washington on fire?
0 Replies

Sglass

Reply Sun 15 Feb, 2009 12:03 am
I would institute free dental for citizens of the US of A.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Sun 15 Feb, 2009 03:39 am
@gungasnake,
Surprisingly, I agree with that.
BUT, I think you mean it a different way then I do.
I would order every US DEA agent or any other US anti-drug personnel out of all foreign countries immediately.
Then I would issue a proclamation, warning the rest of the world that we would no longer try to stop them from shipping drugs.

What we would do is board EVERY vessel entering US waters, and any found to be carrying drugs would be sunk, on the spot.
The crews of those vessels would NOT be arrested, but they would not be rescued either.

Any small aircraft (the kind smugglers like to use) entering US airspace would be intercepted.
If the pilot refused to identify himself or otherwise ignored instructions, that aircraft would be immediately shot down.

I would end the war on drugs in other countries, and focus 100% of the anti-drug efforts on the US.
maporsche

Reply Sun 15 Feb, 2009 07:41 am
@mysteryman,
Your plan would create a lot of jobs too.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Sun 15 Feb, 2009 10:02 pm
@mysteryman,
Now there's a well thought out plan. Kinda Browniesque in nature.
0 Replies