RainSoft water system not working

jans41

Reply Thu 12 Feb, 2009 07:22 pm
Hi,
I have a rainsoft system about 10 years old it has been rebuilt twice since I got it. Last week I noticed it a clicking sound coming from the unit head. The unit still has the old manual set timer and brass valves. Since the ticking has started it is not regenerating, and I have unpluged the unit for now. I can regenrate it manually but it will not work by itself. Does anyone have any ideas? Rainsoft charges $125 to just come out and if I can I would like to repair it myself. I live near Tampa florida and for some reason the only rainsoft dealer I can find is in Orlando. Does anyone know of a honest repairman around tampa or online?
Thank you for any advice in advance.
Jans
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 4,208 • Replies: 6
No top replies

farmi29

Reply Fri 20 Feb, 2009 01:09 am
@jans41,
I know evreything about it but Iam affraid you not goona be handle this babe.14 days or 8 days CICLE or Q -2?
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Mon 11 May, 2009 10:35 am
@jans41,
Possible problems include any or all of the following:

Worn index lever
Dead clock motor

None are easily fixed by the consumer.
I can refurbish the timer plate and replace the clock if you ship it to me.
0 Replies

Joethewaterguy

Reply Mon 11 May, 2009 03:30 pm
@jans41,
it could be the timer motor has worn out. plug it back in, push all the tabs in , so that it doesn'r regenerate on it's own, reset the clock and see if it keeps time. If not it's the timer motor.
H2O MAN

Reply Mon 11 May, 2009 04:44 pm
@Joethewaterguy,

It was a worn index lever and the nylon sprocket was missing two teeth.
Joethewaterguy

Reply Thu 14 May, 2009 06:21 pm
@H2O MAN,
ya wonder why the the nylon sprocket was missing teeth, I've seen it just don't understand it. I think one of the metal sprockets binds up and causes the failure, and when you take them apart and lube upon reassembly it fixes it. Being that index lever are no longer available, I just sell the TC conversion kit, digital now , and keeps time when the power goes off...Joe
H2O MAN

Reply Sat 23 May, 2009 06:18 am
@Joethewaterguy,

With over 20 years experience with the old RainSoft/Intermatic
timer plate, that is the second nylon sprocket I've seen lose teeth.

It's a real shame that the index lever is no longer available, I'm still looking for a
supply of NOS and may have a local company fabricate a new replacement lever.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » RainSoft water system not working
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 04:03:20