subleter rent return

Reply Fri 6 Feb, 2009 05:02 pm
i sublet and the women i sublet from got a 30 day eviction notice, i gave her 75$ deposit. im woundering if im intitled to my rent back she doesnt have to pay the rent for this month
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 908 • Replies: 7
No top replies

maporsche

Reply Fri 6 Feb, 2009 05:04 pm
Not legally, no.
brandi n

Reply Fri 6 Feb, 2009 05:14 pm
@maporsche,
i payed Feb rent on the 27th of january she got the eviction notic on the 5th of Feb. and does not have to pay Feb. rent. she is the women i sublet from and i was woundering if i should get my rent back or not
maporsche

Reply Fri 6 Feb, 2009 05:21 pm
@brandi n,
Unfortunately, your agreement for living there is with HER not her bank. If you want to live in her house, you have to pay her.

Her agreement is with her bank. If she wants to keep her house she has to pay the bank.

Her failure to pay the bank does not negate your agreement to pay her (especially for a month where you actually lived in the apartment).

You of course could try to sue and you may get a sympathetic judge, but I don't think the law is on your side. It rarely ever is for renters.

You're not alone though, this has been happening all over the country.
maporsche

Reply Fri 6 Feb, 2009 05:22 pm
@maporsche,
I'll add that of course you SHOULD, but if your landlord is not nice enough to give it to you, I don't think you have any legal ground to stand on.
0 Replies

sullyfish6

Reply Fri 6 Feb, 2009 05:26 pm
You DO understand that if she goes, YOU go, too. YOU have no contract with the people in authority.
0 Replies

brandi n

Reply Fri 6 Feb, 2009 05:35 pm
thank u for your imput
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Fri 6 Feb, 2009 11:16 pm
You could always grab her by the lapels and MAKE her give you the money back.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » subleter rent return
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 04:34:59