shut up
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 3 • Views: 3,623 • Replies: 21

msolga

Reply Fri 30 Jan, 2009 05:14 pm
@lil trickster,
um .... hasn't this fantastically worthy subject been done here already?
djjd62

Reply Fri 30 Jan, 2009 05:14 pm
@msolga,
just what i was thinking
Setanta

Reply Fri 30 Jan, 2009 05:15 pm
Lil Attention Whore didn't get the response it wanted . . .
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 30 Jan, 2009 05:16 pm
@djjd62,
I figured it was deja vu or i was experiencing heat stroke, djjd.

Thanks for clearing that up! Wink
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Fri 30 Jan, 2009 05:36 pm
@lil trickster,
yo mama eats kitty litter
msolga

Reply Fri 30 Jan, 2009 05:37 pm
@dyslexia,
Laughing
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Fri 30 Jan, 2009 05:38 pm
@dyslexia,
dyslexia wrote:

yo mama eats kitty litter

that's disgusting, seeing as how i just cleaned out a box of it. ugh.
ossobuco

Reply Fri 30 Jan, 2009 05:43 pm
@Mame,
But have you ever snacked on fresh kitty litter, mixing it up with packagedbreakfast cereal?
kickycan

Reply Fri 30 Jan, 2009 05:46 pm
It seems it's always about the cats with this trickster dude. There is a definite cat theme to his posts. He might be a feline.
msolga

Reply Fri 30 Jan, 2009 05:51 pm
@kickycan,
Quote:
He might be a feline.

<gasp> How could you, a lover of felines, say such a thing, Kicky?

My guess is demonic possession.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 30 Jan, 2009 05:53 pm
My guess is callow immaturity . . .
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Fri 30 Jan, 2009 06:35 pm
will lil trickster ever shut about about black people every shutting up about slavery (?)
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Fri 30 Jan, 2009 08:01 pm
will patiodog ever shut up about lil trickster never shutting up about about black people ever shutting up about slavery?
kickycan

Reply Fri 30 Jan, 2009 08:59 pm
@boomerang,
will boomerang every shutup about patiodog never shutting up about lil trickster never shutting up about black people ever shutting up about slavery?
0 Replies

roger

Reply Fri 30 Jan, 2009 09:02 pm
@dyslexia,
I recall a quite serious question from nimh about how to get scoopable cat litter out of his teeth. Seriously, not a single person asked how it got there.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Fri 30 Jan, 2009 09:35 pm
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:

But have you ever snacked on fresh kitty litter, mixing it up with packagedbreakfast cereal?

Why, no, have you? What do you recommend, litter-wise?
ossobuco

Reply Fri 30 Jan, 2009 09:39 pm
@Mame,
No, as back when we had cats they went outside. (Uh, oh, bunch of diatribes forthcoming). So I'm kitty litter ignorant.
I was a mess at trying to feed the dog and cat at D and D's house one day. Everything seems (on later discussion) to be in one or another old kitty litter container. Or, new container.

Me, I don't even eat cereal, and you can see why.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Fri 30 Jan, 2009 09:44 pm
Jeez, kickycan, won't you ever shut up about me never shutting up about patiodog never shuting up about lil' trickster never shutting up about people ever shutting up about slavery?
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Sat 31 Jan, 2009 10:18 pm
In my mind the question of this thread is similar to asking will Jews ever stop talking about the Holocaust. The answer for both, I believe, is that yes, they will, in a future time, stop talking IN PUBLIC about these two respective historical events; however, in private, I believe, they both will continue talking about it amongst their own.

I say this, since while Jews talk today about the Holocaust in public, we do not hear much about the Exodus, other than in reference to Passover. I do believe many Jews are still quite cognizant of the story of the Exodus and Egypt, especially since Passover (The Last Supper) commemorates getting out of bondage a few thousand years ago. I would not be surprised if the Empancipation Proclamation becomes a holiday, that then serves the same purpose for African-Americans.

From my perspective, I wonder if WASP's, that bore non-WASP's with stories about all their old line relatives, will ever stop?

I would prophecize that in some other century, when a large percentage of Americans have an African-American in the family tree, the story of American slavery will be adopted to show how good Americans overcame one addition hurdle to be the nation we will then be (similar to the way Christians identify with the story, when watching the movie, The Ten Commandments). Just my opinion.