President Obama's IQ

genoves

Reply Fri 23 Jan, 2009 09:27 am
I am infuriated. I do believe in advertising b ut there must be a limit. Some organization advertises a self-testing routine on line. It attempts to draw people with the absurd comment-

OBAMA'S IQ IS 121. What's yours?

I don't know where they got the information but I am sure that President Obama's IQ is much much higher than that. I am certain that it is close to 160.
How could a 121 IQ become the President of the Harvard Law Review?

What really irritates me is that they try to lower President Obama to Bush's level. Reports are that Bush's IQ was around 120.

How absurd. President Obama is at least twice as smart as GW Bush
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 6 • Views: 3,671 • Replies: 21
No top replies

NickFun

Reply Fri 23 Jan, 2009 05:40 pm
Genoves, they have no idea what Obama's IQ is. 121 is smart but mine is higher than that and I ain't president! Of course, I suck at math...
maporsche

Reply Fri 23 Jan, 2009 06:05 pm
You don't have to have the highest IQ to be president of anything...

There are many other characteristics of a person that are as important or more important than intelligence.
genoves

Reply Sun 1 Feb, 2009 02:53 am
@maporsche,
And you don't have to weigh 300 pounds to be a defensive tackle in the NFL. But it helps!!!!

I am curious about President Obama's IQ. I have been unable to locate any paper he wrote while he was president of the Harvard Law School Review.

I have been unable to locate his grades at Occidental, Columbia and Harvard Law School.

When I know the honors won by a student, I can do a better job of evaluating him or her, but when sometells me that he or she is HONEST, that does not help my evaluation unless I have hard evidence that proves his or her honesty!
genoves

Reply Sun 1 Feb, 2009 02:54 am
@NickFun,
Nick Fun-- I am curious. How do you know what your IQ is? How was it measured? Who gave you the results? Why?
0 Replies

saab

Reply Sun 1 Feb, 2009 03:35 am
@genoves,
It is not just how high your IQ is but how you use your intellegens.
Lately also EQ (emotional ) is tested. If Obamas IQ is 121 and his EQ is high he will make a good leader - president or not.
How is a person´s logical thinking - can that person draw conclusions of things experienced or not.? There are people who knows all kinds of facts, but cannot draw a conclusion of two facts put together.
A person can have a high IQ and learn a lot, but have difficulties by oral tests or by expressing themselves amongst other people - with other words being shy.
That person will never be a good leader, but be good in working by him/herself.
Others with a lower IQ might be able to talk a lot and express themselves with all kinds of fancy words learned by heart. They impress people, but might not be such good leaders nor good at work.
Don´t judge people from their IQ - judge people how they are.
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Sun 1 Feb, 2009 08:58 am
@genoves,
Quote:
I am infuriated.

You made my day. ROTFLMAO. There are excellent reasons for not putting you on "ignore", Mr. g.
genoves

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2009 02:33 am
@Merry Andrew,
I think that you and others can learn something, Merry Andrew. If you have read some of my posts, you will find that I often give references to some rather fine sources. Not everyone will agree that these sources are outstanding since Liberals tend to respond to discussion by tuning out conservative sources( as if their ideas would not survive in a debate). But I really do feel that my sources are quite good.
saab

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2009 03:34 am
@genoves,
Quote: you will find that I often give references to some rather fine sources.

Answer: You do not give any source regarding Obama´s IQ of 121.

Quote: Not everyone will agree that these sources are outstanding since Liberals tend to respond to discussion by tuning out conservative sources

Answer: As you think that Obama has an IQ twice as high as Bush one would think you yourself is a Liberal - why do you then attack the Liberals for tuning out conservative sources?

Merry Andrew

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2009 07:57 am
@saab,
I think you missed the fine irony and sarcasm in g's original post, Saab. This dude is no liberal. But you have to follow his train of thought through a number of threads to understand just how far right he really is.
saab

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2009 10:03 am
@Merry Andrew,
Thanks for informing me. It is not easy to keep track of all the different people´s right/left ideas. It is not always easy either to catch someones irony or sarcasm especially when you don´t know them.
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2009 01:58 pm
I just read that online ad again but this time Obama's IQ is now 130.
0 Replies

genoves

Reply Tue 3 Feb, 2009 01:05 am
@Merry Andrew,
Merry Andrew- You may remember that the subject of IQ was brought up frequently during GW Bush's first term. The consensus, based on indirect evidence, was that Bush's IQ was 120 or thereabouts. This, of course, would place him one standard deviation above the mean, Left wing sites did not agree.

I wondered about President Obama's IQ because he gives us NO inkling in his two books( I read them both) with regard to the grades he received in his undergraduate classes and law school. It is very strange that someone who was voted as the President of the Harvard Law would not give us even a peek at his scholastic output or his grades!
hawkeye10

Reply Tue 3 Feb, 2009 01:22 am
@genoves,
Quote:
. It is very strange that someone who was voted as the President of the Harvard Law would not give us even a peek at his scholastic output or his grades!

his Harvard Honors speak for themselves, he did very well there. What is not known is how he did at Columbia. The stink is that he was an affirmative action admitt into Harvard, but this does not matter because we know that in competition with non affirmative action admitts he did very very well.
Pamela Rosa

Reply Tue 3 Feb, 2009 01:52 am
I am not certain, but I think it is around 95.
0 Replies

genoves

Reply Tue 3 Feb, 2009 01:54 am
@hawkeye10,
I understand that he graduated from Harvard Magna Cum Laude. That is not the top. The best are Summa Cum Laude.

There is a great deal that is not known about Obama. The Affirmative Action crap may be involved.

A book, written in 1994, by an avowed liberal, "Poisoned Ivy"--Eleanor Kerlow, gives aninsight into Obama that is not widely known.

P. 11

"His predecessor,Barack Obama, had been the first African Americanto serve as the Review's President in 103 years, but the class succeeding him wanted a tougher editor to lead them"

I really hope that the Iranians and Hamas doesn't read that!!!!
0 Replies

geri davis

Reply Wed 6 Jul, 2011 06:22 pm
@genoves,
Wouldn't the genius want to publish his IQ & grades if in fact, they were exemplary?? My only big dissapointment is that, as he announced,he can't speak Austrian! How's that for a Harvard education???
Gargamel

Reply Wed 6 Jul, 2011 09:22 pm
@geri davis,
geri davis wrote:
dissapointment

Shouldn't you learn to spell in your own language before criticizing someone else for being unable to speak a foreign one?
geri davis

Reply Thu 7 Jul, 2011 02:09 pm
@Gargamel,
Simply a typo ,I actually spell very well & even am aware that we don't have 57 states. Thanks for your editing , but answering on subject matter would be prefered.
Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 7 Jul, 2011 02:11 pm
@geri davis,
geri davis wrote:

Simply a typo, I actually spell very well & even am aware that we don't have 57 states. Thanks for your editing, but answering on [the] subject matter would be preferred.

Snark doesn't work when you can't be arsed to do a good job at it.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies